Z&M 7.

She was not a married woman anymore but a widow on her very first night. It was Zalaan who stood in the threshold of the door and Mazhar's body lying on the tiled floor coating it crimson.

It was as if the sky had broken on her weak shoulder. Merzia couldn't fathom what was going on. Just hours back she had sent him to solve the issue of his files being stolen and now when he had returned he was not the same anymore.

Her feet felt heavy as she blindly took steps towards the lifeless man. His eyes closed and face filled with bruise and wounds. It was as if someone had beaten him to pulp.

She fell to her knees right beside him. His eyes closed and lips turned blue. Face as pale as snow, the only colour being the splatter of blood. Her hands shook as she reached out to touch the man who was now her deceased husband.

Placing his head in her lap she gently patted his face.

"M-Mazhar.." She called in a voice so low that even she couldn't hear herself.

"Mazhar. Mazak mat karen uthen" she shook his body but np response came. His eyes stayed shut and body stiff. Her eyes pooled with tears that soon rolled down her cheeks in the form of unstoppable water falls.
(Mazhar. Don't joke around wake up)

Her eyes went to his chest where multiple bullet holes could be seen.
She sobbed and sobbed and sobbed to the extent that she couldn't breath. She called him over and over again but he didn't respond.

"Yeh sab kaise hua?" She asked acknowledging the man who stood there watching her break down.
(How did all this happen)

"Aapka yahan rehna khatre se khaali nahi aapko mere saath chalna hoga" zalaan said as if everything that happened hadn't disturbed him. He wanted him away from her but he didn't want to ruin her life. Of course he had a desire to finish Mazhar but he didn't knowing Merzia was his and his only.
(Your stay here is dangerous you need to come with me)

"Aap kon hain?" She asked. She still sat there by his side but she had soon accepted her reality. She was what everyone said a bad omen. Whoever accepts her dies. Her mother died right after giving birth to her. Her father almost died and now her husband was also no more.
(Who are you?)

"Zalaan shah" he said nonchalantly. He knew by the way her eyes expanded that she remembers him. She knows who he is and he also knew that it would not be good for him.

"Tum.. Tumne kia hai na yeh? Tumhi ne qatal kia hai na Mazhar ka" she marched over to him and clutched his collar. Her eyes were blazing with new found anger she never knew she had. Her manners left behind in that moment all she wanted was to kill the man that stood so proudly infront of her.
(You.. You did this? You murdered Mazhar)

He tried getting her hands off of himself but she was in no mood to let him go.

"Tumhi the na woh jisne humara jeena haram kiya hua tha? Tumhi ne dhamki di thi na ke tum Mazhar ko maar do ge.. Kion kia tumne aisa?" She broke down punching his chest with her tiny fist but soon lost her consciousness. She slipped into the abyss.
(You're the one who had made my life hell. You threatened to kill Mazhar)

"Merzia? Merzia?" He kept on calling her but she didn't open her eyes. He patted her cheek to wkae her up but she didn't. Zalaan didn't know what else to do so he laid her down on the couch in the living room nearby.

He then called Razzaq. He was to be informed of what had happened.

Half an hour later the door burst open and in came Razzaq huffing from shortness of breath. His eyes landed on Mazhar's body and his heart stopped.

Daastan E Ishq - داستانِ عشقजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें