Part 10

The day had been really busy for Khushi, she was continuously working and learning new things. Rohan even took her to the factory where they manufactured their clothes and showed her how it was all done.

She liked working and being busy like this because at least that somehow helped her keep her mind off Arnav, she tried not to think about him at all because every time she thought about him, he would feel hurt.

Once the day was over, she headed home, Rohan arranged a driver and a car for her to drop her and pick her everyday so that wasn't a problem anymore.

All she wanted to do now was work hard each and every day and become successful so she could show Arnav that the only reason she got married to him was because she loved him, if she needed money, she knew very well how to earn it on her own.

Those words he said to her, just kept on pricking her badly, she just couldn't digest the fact that her own husband could think so low of her no wonder she was working so hard to prove him wrong hoping one day she was going to achieve what she wanted.

Once she arrived home she headed in and found Arnav seated on the sofa as if he had been waiting for her.

"Where is Anjali?" Khushi asked one of the servants, completely ignoring Arnav.

"She went out with her friends, she said she will be back late today so you and Arnav sir shouldn't wait for her at dinner." The servant replied.

Khushi nodded as she headed upstairs to her room, Arnav stood up immediately and followed her. Once they were in the room, he shut the door, all the while Khushi just kept on trying to ignore him.

"Where were you the entire day?" Arnav asked.

"And who are you to ask me that?" Khushi folded her arms and looked at him seriously. Arnav seemed really angry at her.

"I am your husband, I have all the damn right to ask that." He replied as he clenched his fists tightly.

"I thought so too, but the honeymoon period is over and I've woken up to realize if you were really my husband you wouldn't be having a girlfriend while being married to me.

So yes Arnav, you might be my husband because we are married, but I no more consider you my husband, isn't that what you wanted anyway?" She asked.

"Okay, so now you're showing me your true colors huh? Where did the naïve and innocent Khushi go? The one that was so naïve that she dint even know what a kiss felt like. It was all just an act wasn't it?" Arnav asked.

"IF you think so, I don't have time to explain things to you anyway." Khushi walked away and tried to find clothes to change into.

Arnav came from behind and grabbed her, he turned her wrist on the back and held it tightly as he looked at her angrily.

"Is this how you show me you are a man and have power over me?" Khushi asked.

"Yeah go all feminist on me now. What is this all for huh? What are you trying to show me Khushi? How naïve and innocent and pure you were and then I came into your life and turned you into this? You can't blame this on me, you were like this from before, hell even worse than this.

It was just a mask you were wearing and now the mask has come off, this is the real you, the innocent and naïve and pure Khushi was just an act, I know you better than anyone get it, so don't try to fool me." Arnav said angrily.

"I wish you knew better Arnav." Khushi said as she pushed him away and headed to the bathroom straight away, she locked the door, turned on the shower and stood under it.