Part 30

"Are you hungry?" Arnav asked as he parked the car outside a restaurant.

"Yeah, it's not lunch yet though." Khushi smiled.

"It almost is... we can each, by the time we order and get the food it would be lunch time, and then we can continue driving to where I was taking you."

"Okay as you say." She nodded as she stepped out of the car and looked around, it wasn't really a huge restaurant, but it was beautiful, it had both outdoor and indoor sitting and the outdoor was surrounded with beautiful plants and flowers.

"Can we sit out?" Khushi looked at Arnav excitedly.

"Sure." Arnav smiled, she was always so excited about little things like even sitting outside, this side of her had disappeared after their marriage, but he was glad that it was coming back.

They settled down and then went through the menu, once they had decided what they wanted to eat, they placed the order and waited for the food.

"So where are we going?" Khushi asked.

"I told you it's a surprise, I'm obviously not telling you." Arnav laughed.

"Why does it have to be a surprise, I'll eventually find out."

"What kind of a question is that now? And I know you like surprises that's why." Arnav smirked, Khushi just nodded and smiled as she looked around uncomfortably.

It was strange, the Arnav she married and the Arnav she was spending time with right now were like two different people, this Arnav, she knew him from childhood, but that Arnav, he was different, something she had never expected him to be.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Arnav asked noticing how Khushi had been continuously staring at him.

"Just wondering..."

"Wondering what?"

"Where you had hidden this Arnav. I always knew like this, since childhood, but after we... umm got married, you were nothing like this."

"He was living a life full of misunderstandings, maybe that's why." Arnav shrugged. Why was it that they couldn't even spend a day together without being awkward or talking about the past, all he wanted was to make things better for her and then let her be, but it seemed kind of difficult when feelings were involved.

"It was better when we were kids wasn't it? Why did we even grow up?" Khushi pouted.

"I know, as a kid I always wanted to grow up because adult life seemed so fun, but it isn't. You start caring, thinking and feeling and worrying and what not. It's just too stressful. As a kid the only stress I had was not to break stuff or mom would beat me up." Arnav laughed.

"I know right." Khushi laughed.

The waiter came with their food, placed it on the table as Khushi looked at it excitedly, she was starving and she really wanted to eat, so as soon as the food came, she grabbed a plate and served herself and started eating immediately.

"Wow, you were really hungry." Arnav said.

"I am always eating, like every two or three hours I need something in my mouth."

"If you told me that earlier, I would have packed some snacks for you. Anyway, I'll get some take away snacks from here." Arnav said.

"You don't have to."

"It's okay Khushi, it's just food, no big deal."

*****

After having lunch, the began the trip again, Arnav said it wasn't going to take any longer now, they were going to be there in a while and exactly like he said, after driving for a short while, he stopped the car in a place that seemed like a jungle.