Chapter Six

Chapter Six

The next month or so things were bitter sweet.

Things around Damon got easier, I still ignored and avoided him as much as possible, but I was able to put everything that happened between us to the back of my mind, it was almost like it never happened.

Almost.

The second day of school was easier, but not much. He kept trying to talk to me, and I kept ignoring him or giving him short answers, but at the same time trying to be as polite as possible.

After school I went to the mall to go shopping for cameras.

I went to a camera specialist and looked around and talked to him. After a couple hours, I decided to buy four film cameras. Minolta Prod 20′s, Nikon F3HP, Nikon F6 35mm SLR, and a Canon EOS-1V.

Next I went over digital cameras. I did my homework, and ended up with 6 of them. Compact Sony DSC-RX100, Point and shoot Nikon P7700, Extended zoom Canon SX50 HS, Compact SRL Panasonic DMC-GH3, Medium SRL Nikon D7000, and a Professional SRL Canon 1D X.

A few hours, ten cameras, and nearly Seventeen thousand dollars later, I was on my way home.

When I got home that day I was happy to see that construction had already started on my studio, and I couldn’t be more excited.

I went and found my mom in the kitchen.

“Hello honey, did you find a camera?” she smiled

“Uh, I found ten” I smiled.

“Ten! You needed ten?” she sounded shocked

“Well, I got six digital. They all do different things. I have a personal camera, one for zoom, one point and shoot, and a small, medium, and professional SRL” I stated

“Oh, well okay” she shrugged, “and what film cameras?”

“Uh, I got my favorite cannon camera that we used in photography last year, and three others. They’re going to take time to adjust too, but every camera is different, and that’s what I love about them”

Mom smiled. “Well I got you a camera too, and I don’t think you have it, because this one has light leaks in it. He pictures are supposed to come out all splashed with light, and I thought you would like it”

I went over and hugged her, my mom was amazing, she always supported me, and that meant the world to me. “Thank you mommy, I love you”

“I love you too Arianna-Skye. Now, how much did your cameras set me back?” she laughed

“Take a guess” I smiled

“Ten cameras, I’d say twenty thousand”

“Seventeen” I corrected “My SRL professional was six thousand five hundred, and one other was three thousand.”

“You better use them” she playfully threatened

“I will, which reminds me, can I use the card to buy Photoshop. It’s a couple hundred I think”

“Go for it, it’s not every day that I get to buy you something”

“Why is it such a bad thing that I don’t want to take your money?” I asked her

“It’s not, your dad and I just like being able to buy you things, your only seventeen, and you shouldn’t have to support yourself.”

“You feed me and give me a place to stay” I laughed

“Oh you know what I mean, not go yell at construction workers or something, dinner will be done in about fifteen minutes”

“Okay, but have you been working on those paintings for the library?” I asked her