Chapter Twelve

The next morning Victoria is dreading leaving. She feels her heartbreaking as they stand in the airport. "I really don't want to go,"

"I know me either," Gunnar says.

They just stand there and he is holding her close, resting his head on top of her head. This single-handedly was the best weekend of her life. The past feelings invaded her body, opening up to Austin and the shit show that was her life all the way to Gunnar knowing exactly what she needed.

When she confessed her feelings, feelings that she held so close all of these years and one look from him and the flood gates dropped.

"Three months. Are you sure you want to pursue a relationship with me?"

"I am 100% all in if you are. I mean every word I said this weekend,"

"I did too," she responds.

The announcement comes on that they are getting ready to board and Victoria needs to go. She can feel herself breaking down. The distance can do a lot to someone and what If Gunnar changes his mind? Out of sight, out of mind? What if it is too much.

"Don't cry baby, I know how you are feeling," Gunnar comforts.

You do?"

"I worry that you will change your mind and think this long-distance thing is too much,"

Victoria laughs, wiping tears from her eyes. "Yeah, I was thinking you would feel that way,"

"Text on Facetime every night and I'll make a trip to you. Ok," Gunnar tries.

"Yeah, ugh, this sucks,"

"I know, you'd better go. We can handle this. Together, ok?"

"Together, I love you Gunnar," Victoria stresses

"I love you most!"

"Ok, oh my beast, I will text you when I land,"

"I'll be waiting,"

One last hug and kiss and she walks through security looking back every chance she gets before she loses sight of him. She keeps reminding herself that they can do this, they can make this work. She deserves this. She boards the plane and takes off back to her temporary home. Walking out of the terminal she sees her best girls.

"VIC!!!" Isla yells.

"Hey! Ohhh what's wrong?" Henley sees her discomfort.

"I miss him," Victoria sobs.

Henley and Isla cover her in hugs and try to reassure her.

"It will be ok," Henley starts.

"I know but I just... It was just the best weekend," Victoria explains.

"Yeah?" Isla encourages.

They climb in the car and start for home. Victoria tells them all about her weekend with Gunnar. The more she tells the more she starts to cry. When she gets to the part about dodgeball and carnival she can't keep her sobs in check.

"It's ok girl, these three months will fly by!" Isla rubs her arm.

"Yeah! Then you can pack up your trailer," Henley teases.

"Tiny house," Victoria tries to correct.

"Trailer...," Henley whispers.

"Anyway.. You can go to him!" Isla salvages the original conversation.

"I know, I just don't want to wait. He said to finish this out so there are no regrets,"

"Smart man," Isla says.