Chapter 7

You were out of the castle by 11:45. 15 more minutes to hide. Hopefully it'll work. As the two of you reached the courtyard Oliver grabbed your hand and started to run. You followed along trying to keep up to him.

You ran fast the quidditch pitch. Always so beautiful at night. A wonderful place to star gaze. Then past the black lake. One of your favorite places to sit and relax. It reflects the moon light perfectly.

Then to the womping willow. You grabbed a large rock and threw it at the other side of the tree. While it was distracted the 2 of you ran quickly to the opening. Then down the dark cold path. As you reached he shrieking shack, the clock hit midnight. The fear started to churn in your gut. It must have shown on your face cause Oliver ran his thumb over the back of your hand while you both stood hand in hand in the middle of the shack.

Then in the distance a small boom was heard, followed by screams. Your heart stoped and your stomach dropped. You held onto Oliver's hand tighter. He reached up with his other hand and pulled you into a hug shielding you from the screams. Your face was tightly held into his chest. You could hear his heart beating. It was calming. The calmest you felt in days.

Another loud boom and crash happened a few minutes later followed by more screams. It was as if they were getting louder. Closer. Oliver rubbed his free hand up and down your back as you started to cry into his chest. A few tears rolled down his cheeks too.

After 10 minutes you both decided to go to the window to see what had happened. You looked out to Hogwarts and you nearly collapsed to the ground.

There was no longer a castle standing