The Ceremony

Diana

The outside of the Pub looked pretty much the same, but I could already hear the booming music and the loud voices raging inside. A few warriors stood on guard outside the door as people entered the building.

"Oh, there she is!" Phyllis called out to short slender old lady holding a clip board. She wore a lose fitted navy blue business suit, and her grey hair was tightly placed into a low bun. The thick rimmed black spectacles she had on covered the obvious appearance of her age, but there was only so much it could do to hide the wrinkles.

"Phyllis! My, this wasn't the venue I was expecting to host such an important event, but I know you Fenrir wolves love this place." She spoke with a British accent. She wasn't part of the pack, and her scent made me believe she was human.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Hippolyta, and this is Luna Diana." She put her hand out to shake the event planner's hand, but instead, she laid eyes on me, completely ignoring Hippolyta.

"My, my, my. What a beauty you are. It was a pleasure for my company to put together your ceremony Luna. My name is Isabela and I've been in the business for 45 plus years!" I reached for her hand and she grasped on tightly, shaking vigorously in excitement. For such a small old lady, she has some wits about her.

"I must say, your Alpha reached out to me personally and offered assistance with straightening up in the interior of this train wreck – er – no offence. You will appreciate all the changes, I give you my utmost assurance."

"Looking forward to it." I looked to Phyllis who was looking just as confused as I was. I wasn't aware Damian reached out to her.

"I'll let you get to the party, and if you have any other events to be planned, please let me know! I will always be available." She winked her wrinkly eye and handed me a white business card. I glanced down at it to see her contact info and a couple of flowery images outlining the outer edges of the writing. It was tacky, which made me worry a little more about what I was about to walk into.

I placed it in my purse and starting walking towards the door, "Thanks, appreciate the last-minute accommodation."

"Anytime my dear! And remember I'll always be here to assist the Luna for any event!"

I turned to the girls who were walking behind me, "She seems fake but maybe she did an 'ok' job." I chuckled.

"You're telling me. I took one look at her and wanted to punch her in the face. Arrogant humans have no idea what it is to be loyal." Hippolyta growled.

We all laughed as we stepped inside, and surprisingly, the stale odor of beer magically disappeared, and we were met with a beautiful floral arrangement that filled the air with subtle hints of lilac, peony, and hyacinth.

"Well, the smell is gone." Phyllis sniffed.

"That's not all ladies, look." Hippolyta's eyes trailed the rest of the bar.

"How was this done in a day? Impossible." Etta gasped.

I was shocked, the bar was completely transformed. All three of us were unable to move any further as we were too enthralled with analyzing the new décor. It was like we entered a completely different building.

"Is this the same bar?" I stepped forward, looking at the specific changes that seemed like a near impossibility considering it was done in 24 hours.

The rugged old bar with warn wooden stools were now replaced with a marble stone that was lined with tufted fabric stools.

The old lights were replaced with new copper fixtures that gave it a more industrial look that offset some of the more feminine features. The tables that scattered the room all had Peony centerpieces and candles.