Chapter 4 Unwanted Marriage

I paced around the master suite room, Sarah already gone, trying to save Asher in my clothing, and here I am, dressed in a yellow ruffled sundress similar to Sarah's, so that her father's men outside who were guarding her didn't realise she was leaving.

She informed me that she would contact me when she and Asher were in a secure spot so that I could leave the hotel after that. I looked at my phone screen as I clasped my hands to my breast.

But, first, I can't because everyone believes she's in this room getting ready for her wedding, but it's actually me who's there.

I jolted as the door to her room swung opened, and I drew a deep, uneven breath before immediately turning aside so that my face was hidden and my back was towards the person who had just entered.

"Sarah, you haven't prepared yourself yet," I heard a female voice.

I didn't respond because I was experiencing a bile burn at the back of my throat.

When I heard their footsteps approaching, I tightly closed my eyes, knowing that they would see me immediately. Sarah also didn't message or phone me to let me know that she and my brother were okay.

What am I going to do now, God?

I felt a touch on my shoulder, a strong thudding in my chest from a faster heart rate, and I spun around.

"What the heck, who are you, and where is my daughter?" she hissed, her brows furrowed.

"Who are you?" a man dressed in a Marron tuxedo in his mid-fifties snarled at me.

My phone suddenly buzzed, signalling that a message had come.

Sarah's message appeared on the screen of my phone.

"Emberly, Asher and I are now at a secure location; we are now on our way to the airport; we will be far away from this location; I will phone you later."

Sarah

There's a photo of Asher and her beneath her message; they're both in a car, perhaps on their way to the airport.

I closed my eyes and pressed my hands to my tummy, thanking God that our plan had worked and that my brother and I were now safe and sound.

That middle-aged man hissed, his jaw clinched angrily at me, "Answer me damm it."

"I...I don't know anything; I'm just here to bring these meal orders to Sarah as she requested," I said, twitching my fingers and swallowing.

The phone of that man, Sarah's father, suddenly rang, startling me.

When he took up the phone, his cheeks flushed as he heard words from another line.

But his face darkened and his eyes became crimson with wrath.

"Your worthless daughter runs away with her useless boyfriend," he remarked angrily to Sarah's mother.

Her face became pale as well, and she opened her lips to say something but nothing came out, so she closed her eyes and leaned against the wall.

"What we'll do now," Sarah's father said quietly as he massaged his temples.

I moved back gently, trying not to draw attention to myself, but before I could figure out what was going on, it was too late.

Someone snatched my arm and smashed me against the wall with such force.

Due to back discomfort, I winced and carefully peered at a figure; it was Sarah's father, who was staring at me, his mouth clenched.

"Get ready, you're going to marry Adrian in this outfit," he said as he tossed the white bridal gown over my face.

I looked at him, and I could feel my slower breathing and heartbeat, as well as my entire body, when I heard his words.