Chapter 11 Get Noticed

After dinner, I went into his room, while mom, dad, and Skylar went to their guest rooms. They are an absolutely astounding family that anyone can only wish for.

I believe Adrain is adopted; there is no way he could be their son; they are incredibly loving and caring, and here I am with this guy who abuses me like a shithead.

I looked around and saw him sitting on the couch with his laptop on his lap, working, and I'm very sure he's adopted.
My thoughts made me laugh.

"What's so funny," he said, his voice thick and husky.

"Umm... N.nothing," I stammered and dashed into the bathroom after clearing my throat.

I put on my pajama pants and a plain top, but before I could fall asleep on the floor, I heard his voice.

"Sleep on the bed," he murmured, without looking at me as he scribbled on his laptop.

"Excuse me," I said, frowning at him.

He stands up and walks towards me after turning off his laptop.

"I don't want to repeat myself," he added emphatically as he walked over to the bed and grabbed the cover.

I just rejected with a shake of my head, "I...I.....I c.....can't."

He came to a complete stop and stared at me with a cold stare.

"I didn't ask you, I ordered you, did you forget the rules?" he asked, his teeth bared.

I shook my head and walked over to the enormous king-size bed, where I sat in the far corner, close to the bed's edge, far away from him.

I closed my eyes, my head tilting slightly to the side, as I had never slept on such a lovely bed before, which allows my body muscles to rest. I closed my eyes, and after a while, I felt a soft duvet over me, Adrian was the one who draped a comfortable duvet over me.

***********

As light fell on my face, causing me to awaken, I slowly opened my eyes and rested back against a nice pillow.

I have never slept in a more comfortable bed in my life, and I am grateful to Adrian for allowing me to sleep in a bed that I had only dreamed of since childhood, since my aunt used to forced me to sleep on the floor without a mattress.

I took a deep breath and shook my head, saying, "I never want to think about those nasty folks again."

But my gaze was drawn to Adrian, who emerged from the closet wearing an expensive grey tuxedo with a clean shaved face and nicely styled hair.

He looked at me and said, "You're awake now."

"You don't have to come for work since my family is here; my mother and sister want to spend time with you," he explained as he buttoned his shirt.

I nodded and sprang up from my bed, pulling away from the comfortable duvet.

"Thank you, Adrain," I mumbled as I made my way to the restroom.

He paused while buttoning his sleeves "Why," he asked me, and I stopped turned around to face him

He took a breather while buttoning his sleeve. "Why," he said, and I came to a halt, turning around to face him.

"Thank you for letting me sleep on your bed; it's very comfy and soft, and believe me, this is the first time I've slept so well, in such a comfortable bed since I was a kid," I said, smiling slightly and gazing down at my hands.

He didn't say anything and just stared at me, his eyes filled with an unfathomable emotion.

Did he begin to understand me? No, he must feel sorry for me since he is sleeping on the floor.

I shake my head while looking down at the floor, then return my gaze to his eyes, eager to learn more about him. When he realised I was staring at him, he hurriedly jerked his gaze away from me and exited the room. I returned his look as I noticed him moving away from me.

I walked into the living room after taking a bath and went straight downstairs.

On the couch are his mother and sister. Skylar was engrossed on her phone, while mom sat on the couch, putting nail polish to her perfectly manicured nails.

As I approached them, I said, "Good morning, mom."

They both gazed at me, and his mother drew me into a loving embrace.

As I approached them, I said, "Good morning, mom."

They both gazed at me, and his mom drew me into a loving embrace.

"Good morning, my girl," she replied, "how was your night?"

I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and remarked, "It's good."

"Come on, we're going shopping," Skylar chirped, her feet bouncing.

"Shopping," I said, wiggling my fingers as I looked at them, and they both nodded with a Dimpled smile.

****************

"Mom, this is very expensive; I can't accept it," I told her as I examined the Gucci, Prada, and other high-end designer bags she had purchased for me, along with Tiffany & Co. jewellery.

"That's nothing, Emberly," she remarked as she sipped her coffee, while Celia was putting away my new costly clothing and jewelries in the closet.

"Hmm, that hair specialist, really did a beautiful job with your hair, look after spa your hair feels softer," Skylar observed, taking a strand of my hair in her palm and scrutinizing it.

We went to the salon after shopping and got a body wax, as well as a spa, manicure, pedicure, and hair treatment. I looked at my nails, which were so pretty after the manicure, and my hair felt so much softer than before; it was all so new to me.

I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would be able to visit these places in real life; that salon is just for celebrities and affluent people, wealthy like Adrian's mother and sister, and Gucci and Prada boutiques that I had only seen on television and in magazines. There, I felt like a celebrity, and it was the most amazing experience of my life.

"Did my son take you out on romantic dates?" she said as she nudged me.

"That's exactly what I was thinking," Skylar agreed.

Oh no, now what will I say to them? I can't tell them the truth about mine and Adrian's relationship, so what will happen now?

"A... He was so preoccupied with his business and meetings that we didn't have time to consider this "I sniffed, trying not to look them in the eyes as I spoke.

"Now this young man needs to understand that he has a wife here, and he has to give you his attention," his mother remarked, her lips pursed.

Skyler whimpered, "Yes, mum, even I witnessed yesterday how he didn't act like a loving husband with her."

Mom stated, "We have to do something about this."

And I bit my lower lip while taping my foot to the floor, wondering what was going through their heads. I only hope they didn't do something that would make Adrian angry.

"However, he must first notice her, get possessive of her, and claim her," Skylar explained.

"I have an idea," mum replied, bending forward and placing her hand on her knee.

So, how is this chapter my beautiful readers, any guesses about what is going to happen next?