Chapter 25 Wait for Lifetime

"This one will look more beautiful over you," mom said as Skylar assisted me in putting on the beautiful prom gown they had purchased for me.

"Mom, you already bought a whole new wardrobe for me, then why do you buy these expensive things again?" I snapped at her.

"Why not?" she raised her eyebrows.

"You are my daughter." After all, always remember you are the same as Skylar to me. She comes towards me while examining the new beautiful gown they bought for me.

I turned towards the mirror. The gown was so beautiful but strapless, with a deep low cut from the front showing off my cleavage, and having a slight cut from the back showing off my left thigh.

"Perfect," Skylar said, and mom smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

"And this one will match with it," Mom said, as Celia brought a box of diamond pendants with a beautiful pair of diamond earrings.

"Wow, this is so beautiful, mom," I gasped, seeing the jewelry.

Mom smiled and Celia took that pendent and helped me to wear it while Skylar helped me to wear diamond earrings.

"Aww, my daughter is so beautiful," mom smiled, which reached to her eyes and hugged me.

I felt tears well up in my eyes, wondering how I could be so fortunate to have such a good-hearted and kind mother-in-law.

Who adores me even more than I think my real mother?

Skylar also hugged me, "Hey, don't cry, it's a moment of happiness."

"You both are the best things that ever happened to me," I said, looking at mom and Skylar.

"And we feel the same about you," Mon and Skylar nodded with a beautiful dimpled smile.

"En, why don't you show Bro your new gown?" Skylar asked, a wide smile on her face.

"But, it's okay, I don't think it's necessary," I looked around, trying my best not to look into their eyes.

"But why should he also see how sexy and elegant his wife can look?"

"Yes, she is right," Celia said, smiling at me, and mom also gave me a knowing look.

"Fine," I sighed, and their faces all lit up with a smile.

*********

I clutched the doorknob to his study so tightly that I could feel my hand turning a light pink colour as a result of my grip.

I chewed my lips, swaying slightly. Finally, with newfound courage, I managed to open the door of my husband's study.

"Adrian," I said quietly, looking around, trying my best not to look into his eyes.

He looked up at me and paused. I did not move my lips, looking around. After that kiss, it was difficult for me as well to make eye contact with him.

His eyes travelled all over my body, like he was imagining me naked.

"H... How am I looking?" My chest is rising and falling repeatedly.

He comes towards me before I can say anything.

I gasped when his arms wrapped around me. As his soft lips covered mine, I threw my head back as he squeezed my butt, making me gasp again. His tongue entered my mouth.

I ran my hands over his hair, feeling him. He bit my lower lip, making me moan.

We slowly pulled apart. He grabbed me by my waist, never wanting me to go away.

"What are you doing to me, Emberly?" he whispered while resting his head on mine.

"What do you feel about me?" I managed to whisper.

He cupped my face and looked into my eyes, our faces just inches apart.

I took hold of his hand and kissed the back of it.

I've never been in love before, but what I feel about you is so similar to a strangely unfamiliar feeling in my heart. When I look at you, I feel like my day just gets brightened up when I sleep beside you in the same bed in your bedroom. I feel like I'm at the safest place, where no one can ever hurt me. Adrian, why did I feel this all with only you?" I quickly hugged him; there was no more hiding now.

No more hiding now. I'm in love with my husband, and this is true.

Adrian was staring at me without blinking, as if he could see my soul beneath my mortal body.

I smiled and looked down, "You know what, you don't need to answer me now. I know you were in love with someone before, who broke your heart, but trust me, Adrian, just trust once in me. My heart will never lie." I cupped his face and kissed him gently.

"Take your time," I turned around and was about to leave, but I felt him wrapping his hands around my arm.

He quickly turned me back and crushed me against his chest.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me for everything I've done to you," he cupped my face, kissing the side of my lips.

"You don't need to be sorry, Hubby. I know you were angry and felt betrayed as I took the place of your fiance," I mumbled, and teardrops from my eyes

He would have married Sarah; he was my first love, and the thought of him with anyone else makes my blood freeze like ice.

"Shh, don't talk about it," he said, putting his finger over my lips and looking down at them.

"I know," I said as I looked up at the ceiling.

I just love the way you are. Please don't try to change yourself. I admire Embry, whom I met first in her apartment, while she was planning to run away after marrying me. "You look beautiful in simple clothes, without any makeup." he said, and I also felt my lips getting stretched.

"You despise me so much that you threatened to make my life a living hell," I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"That was the most horrible and wrong thing I ever did in my life. You were nothing like I used to think. You turned out to be the most innocent girl I've ever met." He kissed me softly and gently.

"So, what will be the status of our relationship now, your feelings?" but he said nothing, and I understand him. He needs time to figure out his feelings for me, to move on from his past.

"How long can you wait for me?" he asked, looking into my eyes.

"Lifetime, for a whole life," I answered and crashed my lips with his.

I am ready to wait a lifetime for him because he was worthy of it.

So, how is this chapter, my beautiful readers? Please tell me in a comment and vote and share.

So, I'm overjoyed to announce that my fourth story has just been published.

Find a way to my heart.

Chapter 1 is out now. You can go to my profile and read the story there.

Here is the blurb of my new story:

Brielle Ashby, your average looking girl, just returned to her home in New York from her university, but a surprise is waiting for her which will change her life forever.

The Devilishly Handsome, a playboy but a cruel businessman, the CEO of Richardson Empires doesn't care if you're dead or alive; all he cares about is his business, his company, and his profits.

Their first meeting is purely for business, but will the spark she feels whenever she's with him arouse in flames, or is love not in their destiny?

Things get more intimate when she gets married to him, but the twist is that he is without love.