𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕝 - ʜᴀʟʟᴏᴡᴇᴇɴ

As a slight apology for the angst, I hand you an adorable (short) Halloween special, even though it's not quite Halloween yet for me.

Today was one of your favorite holidays; Halloween. It was your mom's (not your mother in this world) favorite holiday, too, and she'd always go all out. Even through all the stress of the holiday due to preparing amazing decorations, costumes, and setting up 'parties', you'd always loved Halloween. The nostalgia from your childhood trick-or-treating, and the way the tradition continued even after you'd all moved out.

More ironically, it'd been Halloween when you died (Same as Baji, you think sometimes. You share a death date). You'd been revisiting the old traditions of going with your siblings, not trick-or-treating yourselves, but walking in full costume with your nieces and nephew, as none of you had any children yet, you still being in college. 

It was even worse, because you'd ended up not getting to visit your best friend on her birthday- you were sure she'd get her gift, though.

So Halloween was your favorite holiday, and also a day that.. in a way, terrified you. 

But once more, you'd go all out for Halloween. You couldn't set up decorations, but you and Kisaki could still get dressed. Actually, a portion of your pay had been stored for holidays, and you were spending that pay on Kisaki's costume.

He was going to be a shark..!

You couldn't sew (you barely knew how to reattach buttons), but you could probably find something cheap and.. fix it up? You wanted to make this a good Halloween for him.

So, he'd be a shark, and maybe you'd be another shark?

Oh, well.

Off you were to go shopping!

Tetta held your hand the entire way to the store, basically bouncing in excitement. Ah, he's such a sweet child. So much sweeter than when your brother was his age. 

Although quiet, Tetta was so obvious with his emotions that he didn't need to use words in the first place.

That night, alone in your room since you couldn't go trick-or-treating, you put all the candy you'd bought secretly into Tetta's shark-painted halloween bucket. 

He ended up getting chocolate on his shark costume, but his smile was so bright you didn't care about it getting dirty.

"Happy Halloween, Tetta."

"Happy Halloween, nee-chan!"

happy halloween you all! i quickly sketched this^ so don't judge me, there's no rendering or coloring o/the lines, and the colors are wacky despite me knowing color theory </3 and the hands are messy and so is everything else LMAO

but i really hope yall get the halloween you deserve <3 ty for reading this story so far my beloveds

HAPPPY HALLOWEEEENN :D