CHAPTER 9

LIAM KNIGHT.

Scene (Near the river deep in the forest. Lycan Blood pack.)

I don't know for how long Leo was running through the forest. After sometime Leo stops near the river somewhere in the forest. He's panting hard as he has been running at his topmost speed for a long while. He is all furious, angry and deadly serious about killing his mate's lover. He is very hard to calm down when he gets out of the control. I force to lay down on the ground, get him to catch his breath. His thoughts are running miles per minute through my mind. He is trying to figure out, what went wrong and why his mate is not with him. He is blaming me for delaying the process of meeting our mate earlier.

"You are an Alpha, I need to be you to be strong. calm down,..' i say and when he didn't stop his babbling i scold him again 'Leo get you shit together and lets fight her back.", getting more angry that Leo is heartbroken over Eva.

"Get up and let's get her back home. She can't be with that guy when she just met her mate. We will fight for her." I just want to take my mate to my safe place which is my pack where no body will ever try to take her away and she will be mine only.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps and cracking of some dry leaves. My body doesn't even have energy to lift my heavy wolf head and look at the newcomer. Then, her sweet coconut scent hits my nostrils and I close my eyes trying my best to control the strong urge to touch her and mark her at the point. I am not actually sure why she is here it can be one of the two options either she is here to accept or reject our mate bond. I believe if she rejects the mate bond my wolf Leo will go crazy without his sweet mate. But being an Alpha it's my responsibility to face every difficult situation with pride and honor even if our mate rejects our mate bond. I will have to control my urge and anger.

She shyly appears from behind the tree and she is wearing long grey t-shirt, her silky legs are on display which further reminds me of what is ours and we need to fight it back. I am just at the verge of loosing my self control.

I get up, walk behind the tree and get something to cover up my human body. I change back into human form and take out pair of shorts and a tee which was in the bark of the tree.

I walk in front of her as she is standing nervously by the river bank. I couldn't control myself but admire her silky wavy blond locks and her shining brown eyes which are filled with none other than guilt and somewhat sadness.

I further take few steps and sit on the thick wooden log which is placed on the bank beside the flowing river. I dare not to speak let alone show my feelings, she is here to reject me so I have to control my emotions.

"Hi, my name is Eva." She says in very faint voice. The air around us is pretty tense. It's so silent that you could hear water flowing. My wolf wants to take control and mark whats mine. "What is your name?"

"Liam" I say. I take in a deep breath and muster up some words to say. "Your wolf is beautiful. I like her." It is only sort of complement I can give her in my unbalanced emotional state of mind.

"Thanks, ... " she says hesitantly. she walks over to the log and sits beside me with some distance in between. I can feel she is scared of my wolf. Why she is so scared of his mate, we are fated mates and with the blessings of the Moon Goddess we are ment to be together for our life time. I need to know what is bothering her that she is scared of me.

"So, Who was that guy you were with?" I couldn't keep myself but ask her. I couldn't control my anger as somehow that question came harsher than I expected. I can sense she is trying to be careful around me

"No one special, Alex and I just hang out together sometimes. He was helping me at the event, my dress got struck under the heels so he was just trying to help me out.." she shrugs her shoulder like its the common thing they do together. My wolf is getting under the surface with anger and rage to kill that bastard.

"He was touching you in front of everyone, he even kissed you, how would explain that." Leo takes over and growl at her. 'How dare he touch our mate like that, I will rip his head off.' Leo snarls and forces my body to change but i control the change and take a deep breath. I need to be in my human form to control Leo, he doesn't think before the takes action. He is an Alpha, and his sper of the moment action can cause rivalry between the packs.

I was thinking about the ways how I can kill that bastard and i wasn't hearing what our mate was suggesting. "You are angry...you ..you um need to calm down .. Your eyes are changing black. If you don't like me, we could just reject our bond and be on our ways. I could.... " she says hesitantly emitting off some sacred vibes.

'Our mate wants to reject us.' Leo snarls again in anger. I come back to my senses, how this conversation has turned to the path of rejection. "You could what...?" I ask her and my voice comes out in all angry and growl.

"Reject..." She says tear in her eyes. How she could think of rejecting our mate bond like that. Doesn't she wants to be with me. I feel like a terrible mate, she is scared of me and wants to reject our mate bond. Does she want him but not me?

"Do you like him? Is he your boyfriend? Is there a reason you went to him when i have just found you? " I never in my dreams thought that my mate will ever do such a thing of running away from me when we just met. I don't know what i will do if she rejects our bond. Leo will go Crazy without her.

( EVA SCARLET. )

By this time I am getting angry at him, why he is making it so complicated with such a peculiar conversation. My wolf tried to calm him but he won't just understand. It is so obvious, he didn't like that moon goddess chose me as his mate. I know why he is angry at me because he don't want me to be his mate. He also thinks i am in relation with Alex.

It's so embarrassing for me to see my mate accusing me of being unfaithful to him. "WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME SUCH THINGS IF YOU ARE GOING TO REJECT ME IN THE END. JUST DO IT AND LEAVE ME ALONE." My wolf growls at him. I could feel his eyes go wide and he is feeling offended by the way i stood up for myself. My tears flow down on their own cord and i don't know how to control my feelings. I know he thinks i am not good enough for him.

.
.............

It's my ninth chapter.
Hope you like it
Let me know about your suggestions.
Thanks.

EMMA.,/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\