1- My Favorite Madrigal

this prompt is from one of my besties :))
————————————————
*Flashback*
Y/N's POV

My family has known the Madrigals forever. I adored them, but Camilo was the one I was always closest with. When he got his gift, the first person he shapeshifted into was me!

Unfortunately, when I was 12, my father passed away. Julieta couldn't heal him. Word was that his body washed up on the riverbed, gashes everywhere and an eye missing.

I didn't eat. I couldn't stand it, everything reminded me of my father. The only person I knew to go to was Camilo's grandmother and ask if I could either stay at Casita or leave.

"Y/N, I'm sorry, you cannot say here. I know it's hard losing your father, but there's just not enough room," Alma ended up saying.

Camilo overheard.

*Present Day*

That all was 3 years ago. Camilo got everyone to convince Alma to let me move in, so now Mirabel and I share the nursery!

"Y/N, we have to get ready for Mariano to get here!" Luisa calls to me.

"Right!" I respond and start getting dressed, throwing on a (favorite color) shirt and some pants/a skirt and make my way to the kitchen to see if anyone needs help.

"Good morning, Y/N," Delores smiles at me, setting the table.

"Morning. Is there anything I can do to help?" I ask.

Julieta calls from the kitchen, "I could use some extra hands in here! I'm making Arepas!"

I make my way to the kitchen. I see Julieta, Isabella, and Camilo doing dishes and helping prep food.

"Morning guys," I say.

"Morning," Camilo responds, sending me a smirk.

"Good morning, Y/N," Isabella says sweetly.

<<<>>>*time skip bc this is rlly slow*

Well, the dinner was kind of a disaster.

Apparently Mirabel was right, Casita is falling apart and the gifts are fading. The fact that the poor girl wants to save it all by herself makes me feel guilty. I live here too, I might as well help!

"Mirabel, it's okay. I'll help you save the miracle," I say, patting her shoulder.

Mirabel sighs, "But I was in Bruno's prophecy! This is my job. I have to save my family."

"That's too much pressure on one person," I protest, "Let me help."

Mirabel thinks for a bit, "Monitor everyone's gifts. I already know Luisa is getting weak, but keep an eye on the others."

I nod and leave her be to plan out everything.

<<<>>>

Mirabel told me everything. The whole prophecy, about Bruno living in the walls for some reason, and her new and improved plan to make up with Isabella.

So while she does that, I have some time to kill.

"Camilo!" I call.

"Y/N!" His voice rings back.

I climb down the stairs and see him looking for me.

I run down and tackle him in a huge bear hug, catching him off guard and almost knocking us over.

Camilo's POV

I'm tackled in a gigantic hug, causing me to stumble and hold on to the person.

"Y/N! You almost killed us!" I laugh, hitting their arm gently.