Adoration (pt 2)

here you go you thirsty animals

Camilo's POV

Today's the day! I'm finally going to confess to Y/N. After months of pining, Dolores finally convinced me to "woman up and stop being such a baby".

Her words, not mine.

...

How am I going to confess to Y/N?

I knock on Isabela's door and say, "Hey Isa? Can I ask a couple of questions?"

She opens her door and says, "Finally gonna fess up to Y/N?"

I blush a bright red and nod, avoiding eye contact with my fangirling cousin. 

I sit down on her bed and say, "I don't even know how to talk to them! How am I ever going to tell them how I feel if even the slightest bit of eye contact makes me so nervous?"

Isa laughs, "You just have to speak from your heart. Cliche, I know, but it works. That's how Dolores got with Mariano, you know."

"So do I just... script it out or something? Send a letter? What do they even like..?" I start to panic. Again.

"Camilo," Isa interrupts, "Just be you. I'm sure Y/N will be so happy to be your partner."

I think for a second before nodding slowly. I exit her room and head towards my own to change and fix myself to be more presentable.

<<<>>>

There they are. Sitting on the fountain reading (favorite book) as they always do. 

I smile gently as their eyes glisten once they reach their favorite part. I shake my head and get back to reality. 

I have to tell them.

"Hey, Y/N," I say, trying to sound as normal as possible.

They look up and say, "Oh, hi Camilo! How are you this morning?" 

"G-great, how about you?"

They nod and smile that perfect smile at me. I swear I could pass out, they're so perfect.

"Uhm, I actually wanted to show you something," I manage to say (without stuttering!). 

Apparently, this piqued Y/N's interest. They set down their book and say, "Ooh! What is it?"

"Follow me," I smile. They stand up and follow me towards the stream where I set up a little hangout area for us to chill.

They smile, "Wow, this is so pretty, Cami!"

I blush at the nickname and say, "I- um, I was hoping that this could maybe be a date?"

Silence.

I look up at Y/N nervously to see their (eye color) eyes sparkling more than I've ever seen. All of my anxiety washes away as soon as I hear their voice.

"I would love for this to be a date, Camilo."