ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Euphoria

Nico and I got ready for our journey that night. We were in the cabin, packing our backpacks with necessities.

"Tell me why again why we cant just shadow travel?" I asked him.

He stuffed a shirt in his bag before meeting my eyes. "Because, since my dad sorta controls darkness, if i shadow travel with you, he could kill us both."

"Oh" I went back to packing my stuff. A few changes of clothes, Ambrosia, Some Mortal money, And some....Dramaceas? Im not sure if im pronouncing that correctly. But, anyway, ill just say, God Money. And my ipod. Demigods weren't supposed to have phones and such, but an Ipod is different. It was just so i could listen to music.

After we finished packing we laid down in out beds to go to sleep. We were to leave first thing in the morning.

I looked at nico to see his eyes already on mine. "Did you mean what you said in there? About how you wouldn't let them kill me?"

He yawned slightly. "Every bit."

I smiled as I rolled over. "Goodnight Prince of darkness." I said, using the nickname Racheal said in the prophecy.

"Goodnight Ghost Princess."

••••

Me and Nico stood at the top of half-blood hill, waiting for Chiron. He told us not to leave without him speaking to us first. After about 10 minutes, we spotted him trotting up to us.

"Farewell, Both of you" Chiron said when he approached us. "Here, Euphoria. I understand you Dont have a weapon, so here is you a choice of a sword or a dagger. Pick whichever you think you can use the best."

I looked at them. The sword looked big and bulky. So i chose the knife. It was a strange knife. It had a black handle handle that seemed to be made of bone. I took it and clipped it to my belt. "Thank you, Chiron."

"Guys! Wait!"

I looked to see Percy, Annabeth, Grover, Juniper and Jake running up the hill to us. Annabeth was the one who called us.

Annabeth approached me and engulfed me in a hug, and Juniper did the same. "Be careful, Euphoria." Juniper whispered in my ear. "And take care of Nico." She pulled away.

I nodded to her before i was hugged by the three boys. "Bye, Euphoria. Take care." Percy told me.

That was enough hugs for the day!

They moved on to Nico. The boys gave him a hand shake while the girls hugged him. I can tell Nico didn't know what to think about the hugs.

I saw juniper whisper something in his ears and his eyes went wide and flickered to me for a split second. Then she let him go and waved goodbye.

We both waved at them as we descended down the hill, on our way to the underworld.

We walked to the nearest bus station. I was hesitant to get on, and nico knew why. I did NOT want to encounter another cyclops.

As we sat waiting, my leg bounced up and down, a habit I developed when my anxiety was acting up. Nico noticed and gently placed his hand on my knee, causing it to stop. I got goosebumps on the spot his hand rested.