𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦

Nico

I couldn't breathe. I heard the commotion around me, but it was muffled. Like it was happening behind a thick veil of water. I felt my heart physically breaking. Was that possible? To die of a broke heart? It sure felt like it was.

"I love you, Nico"

Her words echoed in my head. How could she say that and then betray me? She's been lying to me. This whole time. I felt the warm tears travel down my face. But that was it. I felt numb. Someone could stab me, and I doubt it would faze me.
I couldn't do this. How am I supposed to live?

"SNAP OUT OF IT!"

I finally looked up to see Dasak standing in front of me. When did he get here? He saw my pained face and he softened a bit. "Im sorry, Nico. I know you Loved her, but we have to get the Helm back!"

I finally registered his words and nodded. We took off after her. She had a 10 minute head start, so we would probably be too late. We had to try though.
We ran towards Melinoes Cave. It was a far journey, but we got there in around 20 minutes. Like i said, we were too late.

Melinoe stood on the other side of the river, a victorious smile on her face. A man stood to her right and at his feet laid a unconscious Euphoria. She was bruised and beat up. She had blood running from her right arm. I saw the ring i gave her on her finger, and i got another hit of sadness.

"W-what did you do to her?!" I practically screamed at them.

The man smiled. "I just showed my daughter her punishment for running away"

"You monster!! You're her dad? You piece of shit! You dont deserve to be related to her!" I screamed.

He laughed this time. "She betrayed you, boy! She's the piece of shit here."

I pulled my sword. She did betray me, But right now, i just wanted to get my dads helm back and her to safety. I looked back at the wound on her arm, and thats when i saw it was actually a word.
Trash

She isn't trash

I quickly jumped the river, charging at Ephys father. He quickly pulled a sword of his own, and fought back. We fought for a minute before i saw his flaw. When he strikes, he leaves his left side completely open. I urged him to strike and when he did i dodged it and stabbed him. He screamed and fell to the ground. He never got up again.

Melinoe screamed. "NO! BRING HIM BACK!"

I smiled, a bit insane looking, but i did. "You're next." I said as i charged her.
She shrieked. Then she quickly regained herself.

I sent a  strike at her but she dodged it. She grew fangs and her finger nails grew into wolverine claws. She sent a swipe my way, but i dodged it. Dasak quickly ran to join my fight. Melinoe tried her best to keep the Helm out of my reach, but she failed and i grabbed it.

I threw it to Dasak."RUN!" I yelled to him. He obeyed and ran back in the direction of the castle.

Melinoe screamed a scream of pure anger. And suddenly surrounded around me was spirits. They whispered to me, telling me to do things. Bad things. They started closing in on me. But they suddenly stopped, like they met a barrier.

"Nico, Run!!"

I looked over to see Euphoria getting up off the ground. She was struggling to stay awake. She was completely concentrated on the spirits. She must have told them to stop. I didn't want to leave her, but i did. She was using all her strength to keep the spirits at bay.

I shadow traveled to the castle. I collapsed as soon as i got there, and blacked out.