Hatchling in a War

Dragon 'boutta go ham on these bastards.

Also, if any of you have Tumblr, i'm pretty sure you know the 'What if Dragon was raised along with Shanks and Buggy in the Roger Pirates?'

******

Portgas D. Ace had rooted in place on the scaffold. The man's appearence was worse for wear, but he was alright. Or as alright as a Devil Fruit user that had been chained with Sea stone cuffs as can be.

The mark of Whitebeard on his back and another tattoo of his name by his left shoulder, a reminder of what he had failed to do, and what drives him to prevent it from happening again.

His Pops was here, his brothers were here, heck! Even Luffy was here, the last time he heard from him in the news articles, he punched a Celestial Dragon and suddenly dissapeared along with his crew. Effectively avoiding a tragedy.

His baby brother proceeded to have a short shouting match with his Pops, he couldn't help a twitch from the corner of his mouth, and then proceeded to one-shot every single marine he runs into or who dared to come close to him.

"He's also a loose cannon!"

Ace sees a weird finger formation as Luffy shot his hand down on his (not)poor victim, he could tell Luffy wasn't using his Gomu Gomu no Mi, so he was basically breezing through all of the brawling. (A/N if there are any Naruto-rewatchers here, think about Sakura beating the crap of Sasori's puppets.)

"He grew up with Hiken as his step-brother..."

The youngest of the ASL had grown stronger. Ace could tell, even if he was atleast still 10 at that time, that the Marine fighting-style that the shitty-gramps was forcefully teaching the rubberboy did nothing but hurt him internally. However, with the new fighting-style he has now, his body was relaxed, coordinated, and perfect.

"And he's the biological son of the Revolutionary Dragon!"

Or as perfect as fighting-style can be, seeing how comfortable he was with fighting now was great to see for an older brother like Ace, that way... He wouldn't need an older brother to protect him anymore. Because was an awful brother, but the safety and happiness of the youngest will always come first.

"SO YOU FINALLY CHOSE WHO YOU SIDE WITH HUH, GARP?! THEN FINE! ACE, I'LL RESCUE YOU FROM THESE GOVERNMENT DOGS EVEN IF IT MEANS DEATH!"

And now, his brother wasn't even concious. And Pops was having an attack, why was he here in the first place again?! The man might be the strongest but he's already so old!

Meanwhile with Luffy...

'Papa, please... If you can hear me. Please, help Ace, help Whitebeard, help me!' Sending a silent prayer he knows that would not be answered, his frail hand grabs hold of Ivankov's leg.

"Auntie...Iva..." He mumbled, the memories of his other family member(not blood related but still family) returning, the okama queen's eyes widened as his mouth gaped.

"Yes? Wvhat can vi do for vyou, Luffy?" He couldn't believe what he was hearing, if it's a dream, don't wake him up because his nephew had finally recognized gim again! "Can you... Do me a fa- vor, one...last time...?" Luffy was breathing heavily as his nerve system kept signalling his brain of the pain he was feeling.

"No, yvou knowv vi can't do that! Yvou need to stop already, Luffy! You've been fighting non-stop since Impeldown and vwere almost poisoned to death!" The Straw hat captain doesn't flinch from the nagging and the scolding, he's had enough of people telling him to stop, he won't. Because he knows his Papa and idol Shanks wouldn't either.