magic

"Quite the dreary weather is it not?" Harry questions with a wry smile.

"Is that really all you have to say? It's raining buckets outside!" Draco yells with his usual dramatics. He waves around his arms, causing the red haired twins to laugh and look on in amusement.

The carriage comes to a halt and the four of them quickly make their way into the entrance hall. Harry smiles, everything is just as he remembers, this is the Hogwarts he loves, the first place that became home to him. Suddenly he ends up getting hit with a water balloon right across the face, he blinks a few times before remembering. He facepalms, how could he forget Peeves at the beginning of fourth year.

A sudden flash of laughter has him whirling around with a glare. He should have known it was Theo. He dashes up to his brother and punches his arm. "Very funny." He rolls his eyes. Theo just laughs harder.

"But for real you should have seen that coming. Damn I can't believe you actually forgot this."

"Yeah right, don't pretend that you actually remembered."

Theo shrugs. "Fair point. I didn't until I did."

Harry stares at him then facepalms and groans. Theo is so insufferable.

People all around them start shrieking and attempt to get out of Peeveas' way and range, resulting in people slipping on the floor and tumbling to the ground or others pushing each other. Amidst all the chaos barely anyone actually makes their way successfully to the great hall. Harry sighs at the sheer volume around them.

"PEEVES!" yells an angry voice. "Peeves, come down here at ONCE!"

Professor McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress and head of Gryffindor House, comes dashing out of the Great Hall; she skides on the wet floor and grabs George, next to both Theo and Harry, around the neck to stop herself from falling.

"Ouch - sorry, Mister Weasley -"

"It's fine, Professor!" George gasps, massaging his throat.

"Peeves, get down here NOW!" barks Professor McGonagall, straightening her pointed hat and glaring upward through her square-rimmed spectacles.

Harry turns to the older red head with concern, but quickly calms down after seeing the Espoir twins fussing around a very flustered George.

"They have definitely hit it off well." Theo whispers into his ear, Harry just nimbly nods. A small smile tugging at his lips. He's happy for George, both Fred and George only deserve the best. And as it seems right now the best thing for the younger twin are Victoire and Rafaël.

"They do seem to care a lot, kind of wants to make you have someone like that in your life, doesn't it" Cedric's voice comes from beside him.

"Yeah, but we should get into the great hall if we don't want to get any wetter than we already are."

The eight of them walk towards the great hall as inconspicuous as possible. For the most part they manage but Victoire is unfortunate enough to be hit by a blue balloon in the back, causing the dark haired teen to stumble into his younger brother. Said younger twin looks at him while rubbing his back. Harry just shakes his head and after bidding a goodbye to his Slytherin and Hufflepuff friends, walks together with George and Fred towards the Gryffindor table.

They sit close to the edge yet still with a good view for the sorting. Harry relaxes slightly, his eyes meeting Cedric and he just smiles at the brunette. Their gazes linger on one another before Harry breaks the contact first.

"Hiya, Harry!"

It's Colin Creevey, a third year to whom Harry is something of a hero.

"Hi, Colin," says Harry warmly, he remembers the boy who had died prematurely. Harry knows he hasn't been the nicest to the sandy blond. Just because the constant photos made him uncomfortable doesn't excuse the fact that he was so wary around the boy in the past.