All In The Past

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd Person's Point of View
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akali took some time to convince the others to come at Y/N's place. Anxiety and fear was their enemy and they can't still shake off that feeling of lost. They were grieving but Evelynn knew that the longer they'll ignore Y/N, the tougher they'll have to mend the broken bond. The phone was in the middle of the table between the three for Akali to hear what they wanted to say without having to pass the phone.

"Ahri...we should go," Evelynn said and looked at the fox who was beginning to lose the light in her eyes.

"I-I don't know Eve, should we really?" Ahri replied. Though she said it up front, her ears were restless when they kept moving.

"Should we? I'm sorry darling but this is a chance...might be the only chance out there either. I know your scared but this time I'm begging you guys. We should go," Evelynn replied. Ahri sighed and started to nib on her fingers while Kai'sa was still leaning her head on Evelynn's shoulder.

"I'm with Evelynn this time," Kai'sa let out weakly. She sounded sleepy but it's clear she was wide awake. Evelynn smiled and started to fix Kai'sa's hair when some covered her face.

"Look, Y/N's the one inviting you guys. Your call if you don't want to but he said if one of us is missing, then it's best if we all don't go," Akali said on the phone. She was controlling her voice it seems when some words were whispers but the pitch all in all was low.

This made Ahri's ears drop as she looked at her side when she can't seem to agree. Evelynn waited for her leader's response while Kai'sa was on a world of her own. Seconds went by and Ahri sighed as she nodded. She looked at Eve and gave a confirmation making the Diva smile.

"I'll drive," Evelynn said and they all stood up.

Time passed and the ladies arrived in front of Y/N's house thanks to Akali's help. The moment the three walked out of the car, they can't figure out which emotion to portray when things just seem so familiar but distant at the same time.

They were glad that things didn't change but they were certain it's only on the outside. Even from where they were standing, the same house they remembered was there but they felt like something was missing. Ahri felt so sad to see the house lost it's vitality but it just made the hole in her chest widen a little. She sighed when she knew someone was inside besides Akali, in fact all her guilt was being overpowered by fear.

Evelynn was already prepared but she knew Kai'sa was the one who's a little in need than the others. She was hugging Evelynn's left hand and because of it, Evelynn felt it when she got anxious. Evelynn acted like a guide and helped the other two to reach the front door. Evelynn took a deep breath and raised her right fist to the door.

*tok* *tok* *tok*

Evelynn did it as peaceful as she could not knowing how it sounded inside. Y/N who was in the living room was the first to hear it before Akali and stood up. He prepared himself and wiped his face before opening the door. He saw the ladies and Kai'sa's knees that were slightly trembling. He got the idea they were anxious but he just shrugged making the ladies confused. He gestured his head for them to come inside so he let the door open and guided them to the kitchen.

The ladies looked around and Evelynn swallowed a lump in her throat when the hallway was enough for memories to flood her mind. In her mind she could clearly picture their younger versions running as they raced outside. She tilted her head a little with closed eyes when she knew she wasn't here for this.

Kai'sa was experiencing the same but it was much more to her benefit when she was slowly calming down. Even then, it still hurts when the atmosphere was changed. There was no one she could blame, no one but herself.