27 Luca

We were alone again. Instead of being safer, closer to the simple happily ever after I had been dreaming of, Evie was now in more danger than before. Evie was a wreck. She felt like she had the magical equivalent of a giant, roaring magical hangover. A flashing headache on top of the fresh stress and anxiety. She was sat on the bed, Looking at me, and looking at something to the side, and frowning. Like she was annoyed at a space in the air.

"Evie? Are you ok?" She flapped her hand at me, and shushed me. Like so many angry teachers I had the misfortune to come across as a youth. "Evie?" I probed again.

She shushed me again. "Something is wrong... The snake, it's agitated, I think it wants to tell me something- just- I don't understand." She cocked her head, making a face at the empty air she was fixated on. Before her head whipped to look at me. "Call Elijah now and get Lark as far away from the pack house as possible. NOW!" Evie jumped up ran to me, pulled my phone from my pocket, "Tele-psycho link him, call him, talk to him right the fuck now Luca. Something is wrong and Lark needs to move now. Something is going to happen and she needs to go." The urgency she was pressing into the room was Overwhelming. I used all my strength to reach out to Elijah, he and Lark were getting ready for an early bedtime. Managing the extra effort of a high rank prisoner on the pack was draining on both of them.

"Elijah, Lark needs to come home. Something is happening, or going to happen. Lark needs to get away from the pack house right now." I linked him after he answered my mental call.

I felt the wall of confusion and disbelief instantly. "Lark is exhausted, the morning sickness hasn't ever let up. I am not sending her anywhere but to bed Luca." I was so focused on trying to reach Elijah at this distance, I hadn't noticed Evie moved right in front of me. She put her hand on my forehead and the only way I could describe it was a nightmare.

I was a vision, my pack, my home my family, burning to the ground. People screaming as witches, wolves, and cats along with Demons ravaged my home. Sara laughing as she skipped over corpses of people I knew as she ran free in the night.

"What. The. Fuck. Was. That." Elijah nearly bellowed in my head. Evie kept her hand on my forehead.

"Um, Elijah?" Evie quested, inside my head and not inside my head, but somehow linking with Elijah. Fuck, all I could think was that Auris was right, anything was possible with a Pixie around.

"Evie?" Elijah quested. Very much on edge. I had never felt him like this. He was furious at me, and terrified and something I was struggling to figure out.

"Mmm yes," She said, clearly exceptionally weirded out by this situation, trying so hard to make sure her message got through."I think I saw something that hasn't happened yet. I just, I need Lark to get away from the pack house right now. Please?" Evie was sending Elijah all her concern, her need to have her message be heard.

We both heard and felt Elijah sigh. She's getting a bag, Betty and Dylan are going to drive her over. Betty was Michael's youngest sister, Dylan was her mate. She was the only sister who still lived on the pack lands. The only family he had on the pack right now. Elijah was taking this seriously. I closed the mind link, to give Elijah and Lark time to say their goodbyes. A normal text message coming through on my phone five minutes later that the vintage Bronco Lark loved had left the pack lands with Dylan driving and Betty acting as a guard.

Evie had been practically holding her breath until the text message arrived. I showed her, and watched and felt as tension left her body. "I'm tired. He's going to prepare right? He saw what I saw?" She said softly. Stretching herself out of my arms. Stripping off the layers of clothes she had on. Walking to the washroom, barefoot, in only jeans and her bra. I heard the taps run. Before she returned, face freshly washed, scrubbed pink. Long hair tied into a braid, and the smell of mint from the toothpaste scenting the air.

"He's doing everything he can, non warriors moving off the pack lands." I was glad Elijah was taking my mates warning seriously.  I texted Rhys and Raven, they are going to send over reinforcements, just in case." I reassured her again. Evie nodded. A layer of tension leaving the room. Whatever magic had powered her vision, left and there was my Evie. The smiling minx who would level you with a sharp one two hit if you stepped out of line. I had originally dreamed of tying her down on red satin sheets, teasing and edging her until she was positively begging for me to fuck her. Suddenly I wanted her to bind me. I wanted to be under her control.

She undid the button of the jeans, then the fly. Never once breaking eye contact. Her heart racing under her breasts. She shimmied the jeans down her long, muscular legs. Thighs I wanted around my head, crushing my skull as she came apart over and over on my tongue. She moved to stand up straight to undo the clasp of the bra behind her back. Letting the garment slip down her arms to the floor. Wearing only her panties now, "Come to bed with me." She whispered. A wave of insecurity washing over me. None of it my own.

"We don't have to do anything Evie..." I stammered, I wanted to, more than anything. I needed to feel my mate again in every way. To feel whole. Not like this, "I can feel you Evie. I know you're uneasy about something." Lessons had been learned. I wasn't going to take her for granted. No more holding back. Starting right now. I wouldn't shag it up, not again.

She looked at me, a fresh new storm in her eyes, as they looked at me. Disbelief pouring over to me in buckets. "I want to. It's just. Umm," She looked away, how was it possible for someone to feel so many discordant emotions at once, my mind struggled to even grasp at the basic mood she was in. "I think its going to mean something with you. Something real this time, and-" Doubt, immense doubt that I would stick. That she could be loved. I could see her open heart as clear as the full moon in the sky.

"I'm scared, if it means something. If it's real. If it felt real, I don't know what I would do if-" Tears seeping from her eyes that showed all the hurt her heart carried. The sharp reminder that the first person she had felt was her family, really her family, turned on her. She feared rejection almost as much as I did. Pieces finally falling into place in my head. This, this was finally a problem I could solve. Something I could work on tonight.