Prologue (edited)

Hi everyone..

Prologue:

The late Donna of Italian Mafia, Athena Deluca was a sharp headed women. She was smart, beautiful compassionate, caring and the best wife and mother. She was the best assasin and hacker of that era. She was 'THE SHADOW'.

It was shocking when the news spread that the Italian Mafia Donna passed due to breast cancer. She was diagnosed at the last stage and she kept this hidden till she was on the deathbed. She wanted to spend her remaining days with her family and not in a hospital smelling death.

After the death of his wife Athena, the Italian Mafia Don, Francesco was heartbroken. He tried to be there for his kids but his mind wasn't in the best state. He was grieving for the loss of his solemate.

He knew that it won't be possible for him to look after his children and run his mafia simultaneously. It was not that he wasn't capable of being a single parent but he wanted his children to get a mother's love aswell. It was not practically possible for him to be with his children all the time. Also his youngest, Matteo was only a year old and he needed a mother in his life.

He met Lily after 3 months after Athena's death. They started getting to know each other. Lily was a bold women. She was an orphan with no support and Francesco wanted to help her out.

Over the time Lily got fond of Francesco and proposed to him. He refused her saying he wasn't ready for a relationship but she still wanted to be a part of his life. He had clearly said her that he is still very much in love with his late wife Athena and was only looking for a mother for his and Athena's children.

Lily was aware that he wasn't looking for a romantic relationship and when he gave her a chance to back off she couldn't bring herself to do that. Lily had always loved Francesco and she couldn't let this opportunity go. She agreed to have a completely platonic relationship with him and be a mother figure to his children. She still had hope that he could fall in love with her. So for next 6 months, she acted as a perfect mother for his children.

Over the time all children but Alessandro grew fond of her. Alessandro wasn't ready to let someone replace his mother but nonetheless he was always respectful towards her. Francesco felt indebted to her and made sure to make every little thing was available to her as per her comfort. Lily started misunderstand his greatfulness as his love and tried to form a relationship with him.

It was almost a year to Athena's death but Francesco never showed any romantic interest towards Lily. She was desperate for him to see her more than just a friend. She saw how attached he was to his kids and started planning to make him hers.

One day she spiked his drink and forced herself on him. The next day when Francesco woke up and he saw what he did. He felt like he cheated on Athena. Lily convinced him that it was one of their weak moments and they should forget about it. He was still disturbed due to it but she convinced him to let it go.

After few months they found out that Lily was pregnant. Though Francesco was disappointed in himself about that night he couldn't help but feel happy about being a father again. There was no fault of his unborn kid and he knew that they will bring nothing but happiness in his life. The same happiness which disappeard after Athena's death. He vowed to love them equally. When he found out they were having twin girls he was over the moon. All kids were extremely happy. Lily expected him to show romantic interest in her after her pregnancy but he never did. He fulfilled his every responsibility as a father but never tried to be her husband.

Lily kept on getting frustrated due to Francesco's behavior and she started losing hope that he will accept her. She knew she couldn't stay in that home anymore prentending to love his and Athena's kids anymore. She decided to take her kids and run away so that he feels the pain of lossing his twins. She was aware that she couldn't outrun Francesco, the Italian Mafia Don if he came after her. If he wished, he could find her from any corner of the world.

Lily was going through a premature delivery and that time Francesco was out of the town. They had no time to take her to Mafia hospital so they ruahed her to nearby private hospital. She faked the death of the twins so that Francesco won't come after her. She knew she would have to manipulate him so that he would not try to find her.

She showed fake tears to the hospital staff and tried to get them to help her out of their by saying that her kids were in danger. The hospital staff helped her ditch the guards and she left from the hospital with twins without letting anyone know. When Francesco came to visit her, he found out about death of the twins and found a letter there.

"Dear Francesco,
I am sorry about leaving so abruptly. I need to cope with death of the twins and I don't think I can do that while being around you. I am taking the body of the twins with me. Please don't try to find me and let me live my life alone. Consider it as you returning the favor after I took care of your children.
Goodbye. "

Francesco was heartbroken after knowing everything and he felt guilty thinking that taking care of his kids was favor a of hers. She never considered his kids as hers. He couldn't even see the face of his twins. He vowed to never let another women near his kids.

Years passed but Francesco and his kids could never forget the twins. The pain never faded but their life went on. They grew together as family but they knew that their Family will always miss the presence of the twins..
Their twin princess...
The Deluca Twins...

Question of the chapter:
So how is the prologue? And how are you finding the story so far?

One of your hobby..

I hope you are enjoying it.

Appreciation and criticism both are welcomed. Do vote and comment.

Date:20 July 2022

Thankyou