CH 35

When Pei Jin returned to the bedroom, she was still thinking about the words He Xun had said just now.

He had said, “Peipei, stay by my side, don’t go anywhere.”

She had to say that when she heard that, her heart seemed to stop beating.

She threw herself on the bed, what should she do. Should she come out to He Xun and tell him all her secrets, or continue to keep it from him?

But how long could she hide it? She had to transfer school soon.

The next day was Thursday, and immediately after Thursday it was Friday, and after Friday, it was the weekend.

Maybe because the weekend was approaching, so the atmosphere in the class was very relaxed.

However, Pei Jin felt that there was no time when the atmosphere was not relaxed in the classroom. Otherwise, how could the test get so close to them, but she still couldn’t see anyone in the class busy reviewing?

Not long after she arrived in the classroom, she received a message from a stranger.

[188xxxxxxxx: Is this classmate Pei Jin? I’m He Xun’s father, I want to talk to you about something. If you have time after school, can you go to the nearby literature and art bookstore alone to meet me?]

When Pei Jin saw the five words “He Xun’s father”, her hands almost shook.

Was it really He Xun’s father, or just a liar?

Could it be that Xu Yi wanted to deceive her to call her out, so she set up a game?

After a while, that account sent another message. [188xxxxxxxx: I’m not a liar. If you are worried, you can come with Zheng Li, as long as you don’t let He Xun know.]

Pei Jin looked at the message and was silent for a while. It really seemed to be He Xun’s father. But what did He Xun’s father wanted to meet her for?

Could it be that because she was He Xun’s roommate, he wanted to understand He Xun’s situation through her?

Speaking of which, this was not impossible, after all, He Xun had never returned home since he started school. Moreover, as He Xun’s roommate, she knew his situation best. He had hardly ever called home, and his relationship with his family was really tense.

Except for the nanny delivering meals on time every day, he and the He family had no other contact.

If Father He was here to care about He Xun, that would be great.

Taking advantage of the gap when He Xun went to the bathroom, Pei Jin hurriedly ran to Zheng Li and talked to him about it.

Zheng Li frowned after listening. How did He Xun’s father know about Pei Jin’s existence? What was the matter with him looking for Pei Jin now?

Zheng Li didn’t know why, but he was a little concerned. He always felt that things were not that simple.

He looked around and found that Fatty and Zhang Chen were chatting enthusiastically. Since no one was noticing them, he lowered his voice and said, “It’s okay, I will go with you to check the situation out.”

Pei Jin bit her lower lip, “Then what about Brother Xun?”

“It’s okay, I will make Fatty distract him, and this matter will be on me.”

Since Zheng Li took the initiative to handle the matter, it was the best.

After that, Pei Jin was always a little worried. She didn’t expect to see He Xun’s father so soon, and that too without He Xun’s knowledge.