IV

It was difficult to read the Northeast's proposal on the shoreline. Alver was well aware that the tourism project would not last long. However, knowing that these are the nobles who have remained neutral, he cannot dismiss the shoreline, which has the potential to become the most powerful naval base on the Western continent.

The Northwestern shoreline was made up of sandy beaches. In comparison, the shoreline of Ubarr and Chetter territory was complicated, with many small islands. In addition, they were surrounded by cliffs. Finally, there were only a few places where ships could safely anchor. Of course, the fishermen there were experienced enough to avoid the whirlpool and fish safely.

The Ubarr and Chetter families had average wealth, lacking both the funds and manpower to complete a project like building a naval base. That is why they approached the Henituse family for investment and support from the crown.

But how can he support something that will not benefit him in the long run?

Regardless of how dangerous the whirlpools are, that location could become their weak point once the civil wars between the north and the Whipper Kingdom occur. The Rowoon Kingdom will have a difficult time fighting there once it is breached.

"Young Lady Ubarr, I will be frank," Alver said. "This tourism project will fail; it may be good for the first few months, but the location, the waters, the whirlpools, no one would want to spend their time in dangerous water, and no one would invest in a short-term business."

The Northeastern nobles had gone silent.

"There's nothing wrong with remaining neutral while conducting business; however, failure will yield no results."

He understood why they were looking for the safest route.

Gilbert Chetter spoke up, saying, "Count Henituse said the same thing, Your Highness."

Alver had to push them a little harder.

"Then what do the waters of the Ubar Territory have to offer?"

That eerie silence has returned.

"A naval base," Amir Ubar said softly. The young heiress is an expert in her field. Her territory could become the most powerful fortress to protect them at sea.

"Then why are you so afraid of becoming one?"

"No one will protect our territory once it falls," Amir Ubar replied. "High-ranking nobles are eyeing the Northeast, and while we've been neutral for years, we're not that naive to think we don't know what they truly want."

Alver inwardly smiled and said, "But you have me?"

Amir's eyes widen.

"Are you interested?"

Alber rose to his feet and pointed to the golden map of the entire continent. He pointed to bodies of water extending from the Northeast to the northern part of the Southeast Region. The northern lands, the waters, and even the kingdom beneath them are all threatened.

"Unrest is brewing around the Rowoon Kingdom," he said, sounding disheartened and sad. "The Rowoon Kingdom was known as the land of survivors, but we can't just survive with what we have now."

"What do you mean?"

"We are survivors... We must take whatever we can to survive; our military is weak; we lack a naval base that could protect us from other kingdoms with coastal territories; that is why."

"But we are in a time of peace?" said Eric Whilsman.

"How long will this last?"

That silenced the Northeast.