XIII

The magic tower has been destroyed.

Alver smiled contentedly as he rose from his chair and summoned a few trusted men.

"Open Rowoon's doors to the mages seeking refuge, and assure them that the crown of Rowoon will protect them."

His plans are flawlessly taking place.

When he received a report that required an immediate response, he looked at his communication device. Looking at how he couldn't move freely right now, he decided to ruin Cale's moment with his slacker life. That dofus shouldn't have believed in such a life; instead of working so hard for something unattainable, he should find someone who can make him love it.

Yes, Cale should have found someone like him. Rich enough to make him live that slacker life.

Anyway.

As soon as the other line was connected, a blue light surrounded the video communication device.

Alver flashed his ever-present genuine/fake but bright smile.

"Young master Cale, our kingdom's treasure, how was your day today?"

"Why are you behaving this way?"

He seemed irritated that he had called. He should be grateful! The shining sun of Rowoon Kingdom personally favors and trusts him!

"Given our relationship, why wouldn't I act this way?"

'What exactly is our relationship like? 'Cale's face was filled with this expression. Alver made every effort not to laugh. Cale Henituse was adorable whenever he frowned or looked annoyed. He enjoys bullying this redhead. He can consider this payback for all that secondhand embarrassment he had to endure.

Cale should've realized how he must've felt when he addressed him as 'your highness the star of the kingdom.'

"I guess we have a pretty good relationship with each other?"

Contrary to what he was saying, Cale's expression was as indifferent as before. Alberu, on the other hand, kept a gentle smile on his face. That expression was priceless.

"Of course, especially since we have such a good relationship."

Hoho. He's having a great time with this! See that expression on Cale's face where he felt that foreboding shit after a blissful month of doing nothing?

He still appeared to be convincing himself that this was all for nothing.

"I'm hoping you can do me a favor."

"That is difficult. I am currently very busy."

Naturally, he simply ignored Cale's lies and said what needed to be said.

"If you don't help me, I'll be deposed as Crown Prince and die."

Yeah! You'd better know that if I don't become king, you can kiss your blissful life goodbye! I'm fine if you kiss me.

Alver slapped himself mentally. What the hell is he thinking?!

Cale flinched, which he noticed because what he had said was quite serious.

He was currently gathering Whipper Kingdom mages and strengthening his forces. The formation of a force to aid in the defense of the Rowoon Kingdom.

In turn, Cale was assisting him in ensuring that the kingdom and his home sweet home were safe for him to live a peaceful life.

He was aware that Cale was watching him. He must have thought he didn't look this concerned even after Cale figured out who he was. Unfortunately, his situation is more important to him than his identity being discovered.