XXVI

A/N: THE COURTING BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obante advised him that in order for love to blossom, he should make the object of his affection notice him.

"How am I supposed to do that?"

Give him all of the golden plaques? He'd go bankrupt if he did. He knows how much money Cale loves, to the point where he's saving so much for his Slacker life.

Or, if he promises him a slacker life, Cale will be doing nothing right now. That would be harmful to his health.

"Hmm... I wonder what I should do?"

How to get Cale to notice him in a romantic way. He wished his grandfather had elaborated on this point, but the old fart advised him to discover it for himself because attention varies from person to person.

"It only occurred to me that I knew nothing about Cale."

He sagged on his table and closed his eyes to clear his mind.

He felt small taps on his cheeks and noticed their adorable little kids staring at him, "Cookie Prince, what's wrong?"

"I saw an angel just now."

The children laughed at him.

"Where is Cale?"

"Human told us to come by and said he'll be going to the eastern continent, where he's currently opening a small shop."

I've got some time now.

"Oh... Cale also said he'll miss you!" Ohn exclaimed happily..

The children appeared to be aware of their parents' relationship and were open about it.

According to his grandfather, a man must swim thousands of seas and cross the highest mountains to win the heart of a strong woman. He also advised him to carefully plan his next move and weave his way into her life. He advised them to become friends. Seeing how certain he is and how interested he is in her, the grandfather said he'd leave it to him and not disappoint him; Darkelves are romantic and do not dare sully the Clan's romance or he'll disown him. The only difference was that the object of his affection was a man rather than a woman. What a cruel grandfather.

Alver sighs. Relieved that the children came to him instead of Cale. Before they left, he said goodbye and handed them some candy. Cale spoils them rotten, and Alver adores him. They're so adorable. Despite the fact that they are incapable of having children, he has three..

He remembered it again one morning.

Cale appeared to be used to being abandoned. It's as if he's trying to push anyone who enters his comfort zone and declares their love for him. It's as if he's open to his kind of them but runs away when it gets too much. It's as if he's trying to make sense of every situation by imagining the worst possible outcome.

Cale is keeping something from him. Something he couldn't even say out loud.

It's as if he's accustomed to pushing everyone away..

As if his emotions have gone numb.

He just hoped he was wrong.

It's as if someone had previously broken his heart.

Just thinking that Cale might be in love with someone other than him angers him.

Cale is his first love, and he hoped that hed be Cale's first too.

.

.

Alver looked at the child who was showing him money.