Chapter 41

I got ready as Manik asked me out for help. Daniel, after rushing to Darla, there is no word from him but Manik looks a little relaxed about that so maybe he has everything sorted. I may want to think that it's none of my business, but I can't. Daniel is my friend and Manik is also kind of a friend.

I walked to the hall where Manik was sitting on his chair and waiting.

Manik: Finally! He spoke as he stood up. He wore a white T-shirt underneath his blue jacket. His hair is ... Woah...shiny!

Maybe he went to a salon or something.

But where are we going through? I didn't ask him. I started acting normal around him. I want to show him that nothing affects me and that I am stronger than that.

Well, he got a little taken aback, but I know how he is. He doesn't really care much.

Aunt Mary (The head chef): Nandu, eat something before you leave. She spoke coming out of the kitchen while I and Manik both looked at her.

Manik: What the fuck did you not eat yet?

Nandini: I just--

Manik: Don't waste your time explaining we don't have all day.

He definitely wants to piss me off so that I can show more of my feelings, but... I want to go back to the time when I was the only one who used to speak equally with Manik.

Nandini: You said to me to get ready out of the blue. What do you expect?

Manik: Now we are speaking. I clearly remember telling your chicken brain that we are going out on a business yesterday.

Nandini: But you didn't tell me we have to leave so early in the morning.

Manik: Early? You woke up late because you aren't going to a hospital lately, did you forget that this is your usual time when you leave for work?

That is true!

Nandini: DO you want me to eat or not?

Manik: Don't. I know where you can eat, so come.

He walked outside and I followed him. It was only the two of us going outside. If it was before I used to be on clouds, but it is uncomfortable now.

I don't want to show him my vulnerable side though, so.

Nandini: I am starving, so hurry up. I walked past him to the front and walked to his car.

His face got a shocked expression again as I turned back.

Nandini: Come quick... I said with a soft smile.

Manik: Com--ing.

--------

I didn't think we would be here in all places. So is this what he means when he said he knows where he can feed me?

He should've explained something, directly than bringing me here.

I am currently in the Titan clan mansion's dining hall. With a woman calling herself my mom and another calling himself my brother who has clear hatred in his eyes. He hates me.

Well, I hate you, too. So the feelings are even.

Nandini: Why are we here?

I whispered to Manik, and he didn't speak anything. He is silently watching. Like a predator.

Nandini: I don't know why you brought me here or why I have to sit down with these people to have breakfast. So I am leaving.

I stood up and turned back to leave, but there is my so-called someone claiming themselves my father standing in front of me.

Nandini's father: I am very sorry. He spoke...more like whispered with his dark gruff voice.

Nandini: You actually don't need me, right?

Nandini's mother: That's not---

Nandini: You abandoned me. If you say you have a reason for doing that and want me to accept it and come back, then I think you are very in the wrong place.

Nandini's mother: I--

Nandini: You didn't want to lose your son, so you decided to make me a scapegoat!

I don't want to say all these things, so why am I?

What is making me so daring? Why am I suddenly so courageous? I turned back to Manik, and he is sipping his tea slowly without looking at me.

Nandini's brother: Why not just listen to them before yelling like a bull?

Nandini: SHUT UP ...you don't even have the right to speak in the middle.

Yeah. I don't actually have something to look forward to in this life, so that's why I am courageous.

I don't care if I die. That's why I am courageous.

Nandini: If you want to make yourself feel better by apologizing, then don't mind because I am never going to accept it. Consider me dead, and apologizing to the dead is nothing but vain.

I smell something. No, I smell someone. A new smell. I turned back to the death aura of something hitting my back.

There is no one. But I feel someone.

Nandini's dad: The mage is back. He came here looking for you.

Ah, I see, so that's why they...

Nandini: You want to sacrifice me again, huh? You didn't want me to run, so you brought me here so that he can catch me easily and leave your son alone!

Then what about Manik? These people wanted me to die, so why did Manik bring me here?

Nandini: Are you abandoning me too? I asked Manik who just looked at me.

His eyes turned wide looking at my face. I wonder what kind of expression I am making right now for him to look at me like that.

Manik: That is n--

Nandini: Alright, I get it. I was always a burden and a nuisance of a person who you wanted to kill, so finally you are doing this... I don't mind... Instead of living a life surrounding people like you, I would rather d---

Manik: Shut up...will you...

His voice!

It's terrifying.