chapter 56

Daniel's dead body was brought to Manik's mansion.

Nandini started crying as she looked at it. Manik sat far but still close enough to see Daniel's body.

He looked numb. He didn't speak or cry. He just was looking at Daniel's body. Nandini saw him and couldn't help but worry.

After visiting every clan in good terms with the dragon clan, they came to pay their respects. Manik's grandfather visited. He looked at Manik.

Manik's grandfather, the first person to start the dragon clan, never wanted his grandson to continue his killing legacy. He tried to stop them many times because he knew this day would come, but he was ignored.

Manik, who was angry at his grandfather, thinking he was the one responsible for his parents' death, increased hatred towards him.

"I knew this was gonna happen. I warned you to leave this clan to me and live peacefully, but look at where you are right now! If you think I am responsible for your parents' death, you are responsible for him. You came in too much into this world. Even now, I am giving you a chance. If you want that woman to live at least, leave the dragon clan and move far away. Choose a peaceful life. Of course, it's not easy, but—"

"Will you shut up, old man!" Manik looked at him with anger.

"You— you will never change," his grandfather spoke and left in anger and also guilty that he was the reason he changed like this.

"Krish!" manik called and krish came to him. 

"Gather every clan under us into the dark room" He ordered. 

-------------

Daniel was buried beside Manik's parents' gravestones.

Meanwhile,

All the clans, six clans with around 1000 members, gathered around. Manik soon reached the dark room.

"I am here today to make a deal with everyone here. I, Manik, the head of the dragon clan, want to kill every clan in this city. I want to pluck out every root in every other city it's grown. I want to make this city a place where no clan can ever come and threaten me or my family, along with you and your families. I want all the 1000 members working under you people and me to join as one and exterminate everyone outside of us. This is not an easy task, and many people's lives will be gone, but there will be a better future," Manik spoke.

"The dragon became a puppy suddenly."

"Is this really Manik?"

"What is he talking about?"

Many were whispering in the crowds due to the sudden behavior change of Manik. But, for the first time, Manik got a fear inside him.

Daniel, Krish, Akash, Nandini! All are his family. He lost his parents, and now he lost Daniel. He is afraid of losing Nandini and his other family.

"I don't have time. You either choose to be with us or against us!" Manik spoke sternly, by which everyone came to the conclusion that no one can go against him. They can't live fighting him. He has the gift of God. The dragon god.

He alone is able to kill many people without batting an eye. No one dares to oppose him.As a matter of fact, everyone agreed.--------------

Six months later,

Manik returned home yet again late at night with blood-filled clothes. He is stinking of blood. Nandini was waiting for him in the hall.

"Manik," she slowly spoke as he was about to go to his room.

"Why are you still awake? Go to sleep," he spoke and left for his room, closing the door.Nandini couldn't take that response. She went and knocked on his door.

"Open it!"

Moga was sitting on top of the stairs, observing them.

"Get lost," Manik replied.

"When did I become her servant?" Moga chuckled, still far away from her, sitting on top of the stairs.

Manik opened the door, and Nandini went inside. The room smelled like alcohol. He was drinking non-stop.

"I am worried about you," she spoke and took the glass away from his hand.

"Nandini give it back to me" 

"You are in depression. You don't want to stay sober and that's why you are drinking" 

"I don't need a lecture right now" 

Nandini went silent. 

"I want to live with you" She slowly mumbled. 

Manik looked at her. 

"I am scared of losing you" She spoke 

"Nandini" 

"I can't keep hiding this forever!" She yelled. 

"I want a peaceful life. I wasn't to eat whatever I want. I want to go to parks. I want to go to movies, I want to go to festivals, I want to go on dates, I want to go on walks, I want to go on long drive but in everything I want to do, I want you in it." She cried as she said it. 

"nandini!" manik got shocked 

"I ---I--" SHe stopped and he hugged her. 

"I know! I am doing this for us. I will erase every threat for us. I will give you a peaceful life. Please trust me and wait for me. I am not going barsek. I am doing it so you, me , we have a peaceful life" 

"You mean you are leaving the clan?" nandini asked surprised. 

"That's the plan for now" 

"But--"

"Nandini... trust me. Everything will be okay" He said and she nodded her head. 

He went and sat on the bed. 

"Go to sleep now!" He spoke and nandini turned around to leave. 

She stopped near the door and came back again to the bed and stood in front of him. 

"What happened?" He asked

She suddenly kissed him. 

Manik got surprised. But he didn't push her away. He accepted the kiss by kissing her back. He didn't understand why she is suddenly kissing him but he can never reject her. 

They both parted their lips and nandini nervously said "I will leave now" 

But manik held her hand and stopped her. 

"Why did you do that?" He asked 

"Do I need a reason?" She replied 

"Reason to kiss the person I love" She slowly mumbled 

Manik got surprised and held her shoulders. 

"What did you say?" He asked again for clarification.