Chapter 46

It's been a week since I saw Nize. I don't know how she is and what horrible things she is facing. Why is Father so cruel? I know it is dangerous outside and I must be careful but isn't the punishment too cruel? What if Nize is struggling? 

What if something horrible happens? Why does father---

As I was immersed in my thoughts...I heard a knock on my door. I turned around and saw Father entering my room with the food tray. 

"I brought food for you" 

Since Nize disappeared Father has been the one bringing me food every time of the day. He also wants to see if I stay in my room like a good girl. 

"I brought your favorite," He said opening a dish made of mushrooms. 

He said with a bright smile makes me wonder if he is the same person who punished me and Nize a few days back. But I can tell that I am important to him and he loves me. 

"Today I want to take a bit of your blood to test something is that fine with you?"

"Blood?" 

"I am taking my blood a little too. I am doing an experiment" He said and he placed a spoon in my food bowl and handed it to me. 

"Will it hurt?" I mumbled. 

"No" He replied immediately. 

Yes, he has very fine ears. He can hear even small sounds. 

"Alright" 

I don't think Father will ever hurt me. 

And just as he asked. He took a bit of my blood in a small glass. 

----------

One more week passed. All I am ever seeing is the same room with the same window and same room. Father brings me food. I eat and sleep and no nothing else. There are some books of his which he placed inside my room last week as I told him that I am bored. 

They are very complicated for me to understand so I stopped reading them. 

I am so bored. I wish Nize is here. 

"I am here as you wised" I heard a voice very familiar. 

"Nize!!" I ran to her. She looks the same as usual. No wounds. She is smiling as usual. 

"How are you?" She asked with a smile and I got tears in my eyes. 

"I am sorry" I fell down on the ground and cried. 

Nize wiped my tears and hugged my cheek with all of her body. 

"It is my fault. I should've guessed master's anger about your safety. Just because of my enjoyment I put you in danger so it's fine. I don't blame Master for his punishment' 

"but also father is so cruel. How can he--"

"No stop" 

"Master didn't apply the punishment completely. He said he won't provide me with the energy at all but he didn't do that. If he would've done that, I would be dead by now. But instead, he provided little energy needed for me to run the day. Of course, it was painful but not the one I had never faced. I just fell down with a fever after that and it took time for me to recover. master helped with that too" 

"Father did all that?" 

"At first he didn't. On the first day, he didn't provide me with even a bit of his energy and I struggled a lot but on the second day, he started providing me with a bit of his energy. I think he thought that you might be sad and that's why he helped me" 

"Father is not a bad person" I mumbled. 

"he is a very kind person" Nize replied. 

"Let's go on a picnic" Father suddenly opened the door. startling both of me and Nize. 

 "Picnic master?" 

"I couldn't take Nandu anywhere after bringing her to the new home so let's take this chance to bond," He said excitedly. 

"Yayyy picnic" Nize also yelled excitedly. 

Father really is not a bad person. 

Father is holding a basket covered with a cloth. 

"Where are we going, master?" 

"Mazab area flower viewing and the Evon waterfalls," He said and Nize screamed. 

"Nandini!!! It's the best place I am telling you. You will love that place. There will be rabbits all over the place. They will be soooo cute. It is the--" 

"NiZe, Let her experience it on her own" Father spoke and Nize held her tongue. 

Father told us to stand inside a circle and we did as he told and suddenly we appeared in a place middle of trees. 

-----------

The view is breathtaking. Tress and the water shining with the sunlight. The green grass shone. The fresh blue clear water asked me to jump in it. 

The grass feels soft as I took my shoes off. 

Father started setting the cloth and food down 

"Go enjoy as much as you want," He said with a smile breaking my barriers and I immediately ran an jumped into the water. 

it is so cold and so sweet. The water is so sweet that I am unable to stop drinking. there are no fish in it and no dirt. The purest form of water I can ever see. This place is in the middle of a large rock not showing the outside place. It's like a secret hideout after father set his barrier. 

As I was busy admiring this beautiful view. Nize threw water at me. 

That's it a fight started. I threw back some water at her after holding it in my hand. 

We both played for a while and finally came out of the water. 

Our clothes are drenched. 

"There you go" Father spoke as he waves his hand up and down at us and our clothes dried up immediately. 

Father is really cool. 

"Sit down" He spoke and I went and sat beside him. 

We ate food and suddenly a small bunny jumped on me and sat on my lap. 

What is this fluffy little thing? It's so soft. 

My hands are trembling to touch something so pretty. It sat on my lap on it's own.

Is this heaven?