pilot: five

i woke up from a raging headache, slowly sitting myself up. i heard a small knock on my door and saw it open. sarah was standing in the doorway with a sundress on. she handed me a glass of water and some advil. "rose and dad want you to get ready for brunch in the back." she said, as i downed the water with the advil. i hummed, signaling that i was gonna get up.

she sighed and walked out of my bedroom and closed the door behind her. i got up from my bed, stretching my arms, while walking over to my closet. i searched through my sundresses, finding a cute white one with flowers. i quickly changed and brushed my hair. i grabbed my sunglasses from the vanity and started heading downstairs.

i stopped at the second floor, walking towards rafe's room. i knocked softly and waited for a response. "come in!" i heard his yell. i slowly opened the door to him sitting on his bed, closing a zip-lock bag quickly, which probably had cocaine in it. "oh, its you." he said, as he took out the bag again.

i nodded and walked towards him. "you coming downstairs for brunch?" i asked with a small smile. he didn't respond and i groaned. "you're so boring. it would be nice to spend time with your family once in a while. especially, me."

he chuckled, standing up from his spot and walking towards his dresser. "i'm going to barry's. i need some more yayo." he said. i snorted. "we can can catch a movie or something soon."

i stopped him before we walked out the door. "remember the money dad gave you for the generator?" i asked. rafe nodded. "don't go buy that motorcycle, rafe. dad's gonna kill you if he finds out, which he will." he rolled his eyes, left me alone in his bedroom and walked out.

i started to grow suspicious. i loved rafe more than anything, but he had some major anger issues. i rolled my eyes to myself and walked down to the first floor. the back door was already opened, letting the cool air into the house. i walked to the patio where wheezie, rose, dad, and sarah were all seated. "there you are, sweetheart. we were waiting for you." my dad said with a smile.

i giggled, moving the hair that was blowing into my face. "sorry, i was talking to rafe." i responded, sitting down in my chair. "but i'm ready now."

dad raised his glass of liquor, while me, rose, sarah, and wheezie held up our non-alcoholic drinks. "cheers!" we laughed and clinked our glasses together.

rose was in the middle of talking when i saw sarah look over my shoulder towards the dock. i got her attention, while dad and wheezie were listening to rose. sarah made eye contact with me, signaling that something was going on. i nodded and clapped my hands together, gathering everyone's attention. "me and sarah are gonna go for a little walk on the dock." i said. wheezie had a smile on her face. i felt bad. "sorry, wheez. we need a twin session."

her smile slowly dropped and shrugged. "its fine, i'll just be here bored to death." she joked.

i laughed as me and sarah stood up and started walking towards the dock where i saw figure loading up something. when we got over there i noticed it was john b, loading up scuba tanks onto his small boat. "are you stalking us?" sarah asked, crossing her arms and looking down at him. "plotting your revenge?"

john b scoffed and looked between me and her. he looked a little nervous. "yeah, why don't you two go tell your daddy i blew the bilge on the druthers." he replied cockily. "everything's good, just topping off these tanks."

he smacked one of the tanks and i chuckled. i noticed his black eye from last night at the kegger. "hey, are you okay?" i asked. i motioned towards his black eye. "because that eye of yours look really gnarly."

john b rolled his eyes. "you know what?" he said. "you can tell your sister's boyfriend he won the next round. i'll get him next time."

i nodded, biting my bottom lip, looking at the harbor before looking back at john b. "so there's just gonna be a reign of terror on the island now?" i smiled. "because you can't control yourself."

he huffed, shaking his head. "war's have been started for less, spencer cameron." he answered, grabbing one of the tanks.

sarah rolled her eyes before, saying something. "okay." she shrugged. "can we drop the whole... kooks versus pogues thing. it is really stupid."

i mentally slapped myself in the face. is she joking? yes, it's stupid but i knew john b was gonna fire back at her. "you know.." he looked up at her. "that's easy to say when you're a kook."

the silence between the three of us was astounding. i glared at him and so did sarah. he just stood there with a smile before knocking on the druthers and getting back into his boat. sarah flipped him off before walking back towards the patio. i watched as john b rode his boat into the distance and followed her back.