the forbidden zone: one

i was sitting on my bed listening to some music when i heard a knock on my door. "come in." i said, pausing my music and taking out my headphones. sarah opened my door and walked towards my bed. "before we go pick up trash on the beach, do you wanna come see topper's new boat and go for a ride?" she asked. "he's waiting at the dock."

i smiled and practically jumped off my bed and started walking towards the door, since i was already dressed. "what are you waiting for?" i chuckled. we both quickly ran down the stairs and out the back door. i saw topper's boat and let me tell you it was the sickest thing i have ever seen. "damn, topper! is this the malibu 24-mxz?"

topper nodded and knocked on the side. "sure is." he replied. "number one in luxury, quality, and performance." i was in awe. i loved boats. i always have since i was little. my dad used to teach me all about them. i guess i got lucky. "here, let me help you guys."

topper grabbed sarah's hand and helped her into the boat. he did the same with me, as i got on i opened the cooler and opened a beer can. i took a sip as topper set off into the harbor. we were all talking and having a good time, until topper noticed the pogues boat.

we all went silent as we slowly drove past. i lifted up my sunglasses, same with sarah, and squinted. i noticed kie giving me a dirty look, same with jj. we stared at each other for a solid minute before i raised my hand slightly, and flipped them off. "you don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch." i heard kie yell.

i rolled my eyes and turned back to face topper and sarah. "whore." i mumbled as they both laughed.

a couple of hours had passed and all the kooks on figure eight were on the beach with trash bags. i bent over and picked up a plastic water bottle and placed in my trash bag. "you should've heard how john b talked to us." sarah said, standing next to me and facing topper. "that kid's got a mouth on him!"

topper chuckled and shrugged at the same time. "well, he showed his true colors, sarah." he replied as he picked up another piece of trash.

i rolled my eyes and decided to butt in. "he was so rude!" i spat out. topper nodded in agreement.

"yeah." topper continued. "it's what i've been trying to tell you. i mean, he's lucky your dad didn't press charges."

i looked towards sarah and nodded. "he's right, sarah." i replied. "after stealing scuba gear on us? it's just kinda ridiculous after everything dad has done for him, you know?"

sarah sighed and moved her hair out of her face. "you know, spencer, you're right." she said. "you'd think he'd be more grateful, but he yelled at us like it was our fault!" i nodded. "and we didn't even say anything!"

topper cut into me and sarah's conversation. "girls, he's a pogue, at the end of the day." i looked and raised my eyebrow at him. "i mean, you can say we're all just people, or-- or whatever, but it's a totally different mindset on the cut."

i was about so say something before i got interrupted by kelce with a bottle in his hand. "yo! you look thirsty." he said to the three of us. "have some of that, baby."

i took the bottle and smelled it. "jesus, that smells strong!" i winced and almost gagged. too strong for my liking, but i took a small sip and winced. "oh, god."

everyone laughed as i joined in after downing the sip that i took. sarah took a drink as well and winced. soon, everyone else started taking a drink but i turned around and wheezie was downing almost half the bottle. "hey, hey, hey!" sarah said, rushing over. "since when did you start drinking?"

wheezie laughed, wiping her mouth. "since today." she replied.

she was gonna regret that later.

i sat next to wheezie and held her hair as she threw up in the toilet. sarah chuckled, ribbing her back as i did the same with my other hand. "so, what have we learned?" sarah asked cockily.

wheezie looked up for a second. "never, mix vodka with crystal light." she mumbled, before dry heaving. i nodded, patting her back. "ugh, please don't tell dad." she whined.

i looked at sarah and shrugged. "we won't under one condition." she said. wheezie looked up at her again. "you cover for me for sneaking out with topper tonight." wheezie nodded and sarah looked towards me. "what about you? are you coming with?"

i shook my head. "not tonight, i'll keep an eye on wheezie and help her cover for you." i replied.