2. First day back

Chapter two.  First day back

Standing outside the school main entrance I felt so insecure. I needed Becca with me. She had already told me to ring her as soon as I arrived at school but I depended on her way too much. I needed to do this myself. I hitched my bag over my shoulder a bit more, nervously wiping my clammy hands on my skinny jeans. I walked in through the main entrance door and immediately remembered what it was like to be at school here. I automatically made my way to the main reception. I needed my timetable. I wondered around the school and finally remembered the way to the reception.

Walking through the door of the large room, I was welcomed by a very modern office. With a small smile upon my face, I walked up to Mrs Harper, the mid-aged receptionist. Wow, she looked really good for her age. I stood at her desk and smiled at her while she just stared at me in disbelief.

"Eleanor is that you?" She whispered the shock was clear in her eyes.

"Yes, Mrs Harper. It's me," I smiled at her.

"My dear, you have changed so much!" She said. I chuckled and looked down.

"Well, I'm a single mother now, I needed to grow up," I sighed. She gave me a sympathetic look.

"How is Jace?" She asked.

"He's good, getting big, just turned two on the first of September. He had to start nursery today so I could finish my education,but that's a long story, I wouldn't want to bore you with my life story. Anyways, would you mind giving me my timetable?"

"Awwwh he sounds gorgeous. Not at all sweetie," she said giving me a piece of paper with my name on it.

"Thank you Mrs Harper," I said walking away from her desk.

"Have a good first day back sweetie! And if you need someone to talk to, I'm always available!" I heard her call.

I turned back and returned her with a polite smile. Right let's get this day over with then I can go and get my little monster. I glanced at my timetable and saw that I had

Tutor time

1. English

2. Maths

Break

3. Geography

4. Art

Lunch

5. Science

Aghh man, I hated science! It wasn't my worst subject, I just found it boring. Back two years ago I was a popular nerd, being a popular nerd I meant that I always got good grades and I was friends with everyone but I wasn't worrying about popularity now. It didn't matter anymore because I was a different person now. I didn't need it all; I needed was an education.

Suddenly my phone stared ringing and all eyes turned to me. I swallowed the lump that was in my throat I really did hate attention now. I took my phone out of my pocket and saw that it was just Rebecca Jade Allen, my annoying best friend.

"Hello," I answered, trying to blend in with everyone as discreetly as possible.

"Eleanor Marie Smith! Where the hell are you? I've been standing outside the school with Drew for over 10 minutes!" She screamed and I swear my ear drum just burst.

"Oh my god. Becca! 10 minutes," I snickered.

"Shut up. Get your arse here now!" She yelled.

"Alright, alright! I'm coming," I chuckled putting the phone down on her. I started walking out of the school building, putting my phone back in my bag when I hit something really hard that it caused me to fall to the floor.