29. The call

Chapter twenty nine. The call

“Mummy, why did we leave Blake?” Jace asked.

It had only been a few hours since I had walked out of Blake’s life. There was no way, I still going to be his girlfriend; seriously the guy was thinking about dumping me, after nearly six months of being together, what actually happened. Was it what the girl in McDonalds said or what the elderly couple had said as well to us? Did that really annoy and aggravate him that much to thinking about dumping me? I wasn’t in the mood at all anymore, everything was ruined nothing was the same now.

“Honey we left him because we had to,” I answered Jace’s question. He had asked me that question nonstop, and each time I didn’t say anything only now I actually answered his question, even though my reason wasn’t good enough Jace would never understand, my little baby was growing up so fast and I couldn’t stop it. The more he learned, the more intelligent he would get, even now he could talk properly, and it still surprised me that a two nearly three year old could talk this much, and have perfect sentences.

“But mummy, Bwake didn’t get enouf toys,” Jace whined.

“What toys?” I asked him confused.

“Enouf mummy enouf-“

“What’s enouf?” I asked him that was definitely a word that I had never heard of before.

“Enough, enouf-“

“Ohh right, sorry sweetie,” I laughed as I picked him up and put him on my lap. He snuggled into my chest and breathed in, something he always did whenever he wanted comfort from me and no Elmo. I sighed as I started stroking his hair, it always made me calm having my baby in my arms, everything was just perfect holding him, and not having anything to worry about, nothing at all.

I didn’t need Blake, it wasn’t like I needed him in the first place, and he acted like he had helped me through a lot, in a way I did owe him for fixing me but then he had broken me. He was the last person on earth that I expected that from.  But yeah I should’ve know, Blake was a player, he broke the hearts of girls, he used them, played with them but why would he tell me all that stuff about his past. Blake and I were so alike in so many ways, surely he wasn’t actually thinking of breaking up with me? But he did say yes, and that was what hurt me the most, he was actually thinking of breaking up with me.

“Jace, do you like Blake?” I asked.

“Yesh, Bwake is cwool,” he answered.

“Did you want Blake to be your daddy?”

“Yesh mummy, I asked him but he say no, why he say no?” Jace asked standing up in my lap, he held onto my shoulders for support and looked deep in my eyes.

What was I supposed to say to him?

Just the look in Jace’s eyes wanted me to just go to Blake and question him, but my pride was too much, and I knew I’d regret talking to him again. Jace was so obsessed with the fact about having a dad, that I knew he’d never get one. Not ever, no one would want a girl with a kid, I bet that Blake was only with me for the sake of playing ‘The Game’, I was nothing but a chess piece to him, nothing but a girl who was broken who he wanted to break even more, and to that I had to applaud him, he did break me even more but I wasn’t going to dwell on it.

“He said no Jace because, he doesn’t want to be a daddy,” I answered, it was close to the truth at least so it wasn’t like I was lying at all anyway. Either way it was the truth but it wasn’t the absolute truth, I actually didn’t know what the real truth way anyway, to be honest. All I knew was that Blake was just using me; the selfish pig headed idiot never liked me at all!