𝟎𝟓 | 𝐕𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐨𝐬𝐨

The Dunne Brothers time on tour with The Winters had come to an end, but they decided to take their keyboardist and instrumentalist with them.

Karen : Clearly, Bonnie and I had left a good impression on The Dunne Brothers.

Warren : [Chuckles] A very good impression indeed.

Billy : Karen was a very talented keyboardist and we liked her sound. We didn't want her in the band, we needed her in the band.

Graham : We wouldn't be able to find anyone else like Karen and we knew that.

Eddie : Yeah and get this, Billy didn't want to play guitar while he was singing anymore.

Billy : We were also looking for a rhythm guitarist.

Warren : Me and Bonnie talked that night after we left the bar, and it turns out she could play pretty much any instrument.

Bonnie : A virtuoso of sorts.

Eddie : [Vague gestures] Didn't even think to ask me. The band's original rhythm guitarist. It was like I didn't even exist.

Billy : We had never heard Bonnie play before, but [smiles] Warren insisted we give her a chance.

Warren : I don't know what I said to Billy, but I had never heard Bonnie play before. I could just tell that she was good by the way she spoke about music that night, as if it was a second nature to her.

Billy : Warren looked so happy, how could I say no?

Graham : We got Karen's number and gave her a call.

Karen : Graham made an attempt to convince me, Billy had managed to convince me, but I wanted to hear it from Camilla.

Camilla : I told Karen the truth. I told her that they were worth it.

Karen : I agreed to join the band.

Billy : We asked for Bonnie too, but we didn't get a straight answer.

Karen : I said I'd pass the message on to Bonnie, but she makes her own decisions.

Graham : We didn't know what to expect. Bonnie might've had other stuff going on, or maybe she just wouldn't even have wanted to join our band.

Bonnie : When Karen showed up at my doorstep and asked if I wanted to go for a ride to California, I had my bag packed and ready to go.

Karen : Now that I think about it, I didn't even mention the band. We just left.

Bonnie : I mean, my lease was up. I wasn't going to question it.

Karen : I knew Bonnie, and she wasn't going to turn down an opportunity like this, even if she didn't know the opportunity was on the table.

Bonnie : I learned it wasn't just a road trip when we showed up at some random house in Laurel Canyon.