interview #4 @TEZofAllTrades (Member of @ShutUpAndWriteClub. Monthly Society}

1 What is your favorite thing about Wattpad?

Its potential! With so many users and such resources behind it, Wattpad is due some big improvements, and I'm looking forward to experiencing them if/when they arrive.

2 Are you still surprised when you gain a new follower, comment or vote?

Absolutely, especially since they seem to be so much harder to come by these days.

3 What is the best way to handle a bully?

 In real life? Stand up to them and for yourself and others. On the web? Block/mute/ignore and keep things moving. 

4 What is your favorite movie?

Oh dear. I'm not very good at picking my "favorite" things. I find hyper-choice paralyzing. The first X-Men and Power Rangers movies have a special place in my heart, though.

5 What is your favorite snack?

Probably something with cheese or white chocolate. Or both!

6 What is a good piece of writing advice?

The further you get into a book, the more daunting a prospect finishing it becomes. It might sound obvious, but just take it one chapter at a time.

7 If you could hang out with your favorite celebrity for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

 I have absolutely no idea! I'm not really into celebrity culture, but it might be fun to jam with a band I like.

8 Who is your favorite author?

J.K. Rowling. I love the Harry Potter books and they got me into reading, but I've also read the Strike books recently. I think her writing style is unpretentious and has great flow.

9 What type of music, do you enjoy?

Anything with a good melody and meter, but my taste leans toward pop/punk-rock.

10 What's your writing routine like?

 When I feel inspired, I sit down at my computer with a hot mocha and play one of my albums on a low volume. If I really get into the writing zone, I won't even notice when the music finishes. If I don't, I still have however many words I wrote more than I had the day before. I'm a pretty slow writer, but I can crank out a 2-3K word chapter every week without risk of burn out or overpromising readers.

11 Do you share your stories outside of Wattpad?

I post on a bunch of sites to get my work out there, but RoyalRoad has great author features and an active community. My main story has more than 10x the views there. It's generally better for Fantasy genre, though.

request time

My main story is Gideon Drake and the Fire within, my "award-winning", genuine attempt at a canon-compliant Harry potter sequel/spinoff. Anyone open to returning to the Wizarding World for a brand-new adventure should try it.

 Anyone open to returning to the Wizarding World for a brand-new adventure should try it

---------------------------------

{@ShutUpAndWriteClub Monthly Society}

1 You happen to be a part of the Monthly Society book club. (Which is hosted by @ShutUpAndWriteClub) Could you please explain how you become involved in the book club? How it works?

The book club is monthly but is going on hiatus. I joined to open myself to more books.

2 What is your favorite piece of being a part of the monthly society book club?

It forces me to try books/genres I might not usually be open to.

3 Do you think being involved in the book club helps you become a better writer?

 It's been more about reading other books for me.

4 Why should someone consider joining the monthly society book club?

Detailed feedback is encouraged, so it can be useful for new writers.

5 If you could suggest anything for the account @ShutUpAndWrite to add/improve, what would you suggest?

Stop promoting other communities or at least indicate when announcements are promos.

6 Do you believe more people should become involved in book clubs?

 Only if they're willing to put in what they expect to get out of it.