interview #6 Fall prompt contest winner: Unfinished ghosts @JankyFluffy

Placement: Fall 2023 Hottest Pick

1 What is the title of your story? and what inspired the title?

Unfinished Ghosts. The title was inspired by the mysteries that surround Gracie and everything that felt like it was hanging in the air. My characters sometimes feel real to me, but sometimes I mix up their names.

2 What is your story about?

It's about Gracie, who is searching for her missing mother and has to deal with her mother's work rival, who is marrying the man Gracie loves.

The story takes place in Cupcake Hollow, which is this little writer community. I have written a completely unrelated Cupcake Hollow story called Banned Writer!

Easter eggs are hidden in select fiction books. Conform or Suffer has several, including the cover.

My short story collection, Broken Dollhouse, has a story "Written" by the MC, Quig from Conform or Suffer.

I love to play with my writing and sometimes leave little treats for readers.   

3 Is the fall prompt contest, the first contest you entered?

This is the second of your prompt contests I entered, and I hope to enter more. 

4 What was your reaction to discovering you were one of the winners?

I am excited. 

5 What is your favorite fall activity?

Eating candy corn, snacking on apples, and drinking hot chocolate. This year, I didn't need a costume because I have so many fairy tale cosplay pieces.

6 do you have any future plans with the story you entered? (standalone novel/series)

I think I might turn it into a short story collection. After prompt contests are over, I sometimes add more themed stories. Little collections can be fun.

My Christmas story is published for your next contest; I want to turn it into a serialized short story or even a novelette. 

7 What's a good piece of advice to give someone, who desires to enter a contest?

You won't win every contest, but you might end up with an amazing story you hadn't dreamed of writing. 

8 What is the most important piece of a story?

The cover |quality of the story| type of story

 Writing it. Ideas are nothing unless you write them. Ideas can't be copyrighted. They aren't stories and lack the magic of bringing readers to your world. 

9 How does being a part of the Wattpad community help you as writer?

I have two failed Wattpad accounts because I didn't know where the community was. Entering contests helped me find them, as well as creating my own promo club to meet author friends.

I recommend following, @WendyyWolfe @Storytellingdude871

Freesky45 @HeideHunt and you, of course.  

10 What genre of story attracts you as a reader?

I love short stories and novelettes. I prefer non-mature fiction. Now, that doesn't mean it's not adult fiction, but I prefer implied to explicit.

11 What's a good piece of writing advice, that you've learned?

To not beat myself up as a writer. I used to be my own worst critic and got in my way. My real advice is always the same. Finish your story.  

12 Do you believe contest and interview platforms help you as a writer?

Yes. It's nice finding readers and friends. But it also pushes me to write stories that I have been wanting to tackle for years because my old idea fits into the prompt.  

13 Since joining Wattpad, do you believe you've become a better writer?

Yes, there is always more to learn. I learned a lot by failing with my other Wattpad accounts. 

14 What is a must have item for you to enjoy for the fall?

 Hot chocolate, but I even drink it in summer.