Chapter 7

Today is October 29th. My favorite holiday, Halloween, is coming up soon. I got to work an hour early to decorate mine and Garcia's bunker. I had left over decoration after I decoarted my apartment. She may hate it but she'll get over it.
Pulling a chair over to the first wall, I stood up on it to hang some orange lights. Taping a few paper bats, pumpkins, and ghosts while I was there. I repeated this on all 4 walls. Since there were a few bats left over, I taped string to the back of them and taped them to the ceiling.
Standing in the doorway, I admired my work. Checking my watch I noticed I still had 5 minutes until everyone else started arriving. 5 minutes of peace and quiet. I went back up the stairs to get a quick cup of tea. The elevator 'dinged' signaling someone's arrival. Maybe I spoke too soon about "peace and quiet". Well, it depends on who just showed up.
"You're here strangely early." Thank god it's Hotch.
"Hey Boss Man." I turned to face him as he walked into the BAU main office area. "I had nothing better to do so I decided to come in early. Make sure I have everything prepared for the day."
Aaron gave me a small smile. "Smart." Then went to his office.
Going back downstairs, I sat at my desk. As much as I love the peace and quiet, it is a little boring.
What if no one shows up today? Of course they'll show it's work. What if Penelope calls off? I'll be alone down here. I'm sure if she would she would've called off by now. If she does call off, will I be good enough to handle all this by myself? Can I work under all that pressure?
My mind kept racing, filling with self doubt, until the door opening stopped it. I looked up to see Garcia standing there in pure shock.
"Oh my god..." She looked down at me. "What did you do?"
"Had a few leftover Halloween decorations after decorating my apartment." I smiled at her. "So I brought them here. Came in an hour early."
"I thought this was only a one time thing!" She referred to last year when I did the same thing. "You're so lucky I love you."