Chapter 17

I spent the next day in bed. Well most of the day. Around 6pm, I got a knock on my door.
"(Y/n)? I know you're home. Your car is outside and your phone says you're still here." Penelope called out from behind the door. When she gets worried about me, she tracks my phone. I hate when she does it, but I understand why.
"I'm not talking to you.."
She sighed. "Y/n, I know what I did was messed up. I know I hurt you. Please just talk to me.." her voice was genuine.
I hesitated for a moment before opening the door.
"I am so sorry. I know I should've told you about Lila sooner." Penelope sounded just as upset as I was.
I took a deep breath before looking up at her. "I forgive you, Penny. I shouldn't have lashed out like that…I was just upset. Mainly at Spencer.. and myself. I've been a fool."
That seemed to make her feel better. "How about you come out with me and the girls? To get your mind off things?"
Shaking my head, I said. "I'm not really in the mood, Garcie"
"It's the last Friday of this month. Me, JJ, and  Emily go to the local club and hang out. Letting go of stress and nerves that build up throughout the month."
"I'm not getting out of this. Am I?"
"Nope! Go get dressed now." She smiled.
The local club they go to has a bit of everything a regular club would have. A bar with decent prices, fancy booths and tables, and Emily's favorite part, the karaoke station.
The three of us got a booth as Perentiss signed up for karaoke.
I was still bummed about the whole Lila situation. The girls could tell. They did their best to cheer me up throughout the night.
Unfortunately, I drank. When I drink while sad, I have no control or memory of the night.