Chapter 26 Run Across

The next few days they fell in a routine around each other living under the same roof.
It was just like before when Meera used to come here for work but with little differences now.
She used to cook dinner and Karan breakfast he often said her that it's not compulsory for her to do it he can do it too but Meera was adamant and in the end they decided to take turns for the same.

A month passed with them going on like this it was kind of good for Meera now she had someone to talk to during tea time or midnight snack time.
On weekdays they'd spend some time chatting with each other discussing about their day and on Sundays were Meera's off sometimes she'll meet up with Neha sharing about their daily life and sometimes she'd be at home reading a book and cooking a hearty meal when she's in a mood.

When one day she was out for grocery shopping on Sunday in a nearby supermarket she was trying to get a packet which was kept on the highest aisle due to her average height she wasn't able to get it as it was a bit behind another hand came and took it and passed it to her.
Meera was confused looking at the hand and turned to see the owner of the hand only to come across the similar face of a man.

"Here" said the owner of the hand and passed it to her.
"Thanks" she took it from him smiling and kept it in her cart.
"So ?" asked the man.
"So what ?" Meera asked back.
"So will you go out with me?" Asked the man.
"Rishi!!" Exclaimed Meera.
"You actually believed me didn't you ?" asked Rishi chuckling trying to cover his slip of tongue after seeing her he couldn't stop himself from asking as she looked even more beautiful than before.
Meera shaked her head at his behaviour.
"By the way what are you doing here?" asked Meera.
"Shopping duh!! Meera what would you do in a supermarket."
"No I mean you're still in the city I heard in the reunion you were going to go to Bangalore."
"I was but something changed my mind" he said looking at her who was unknown by the fact.
"Oh ok bye then I'm done" saying Meera started to push her cart but he stopped it.
"Meera do you mind if we go to have some coffee?" He asked.
Looking at her watch Meera thought there's still a lot of time so agreed.
After checking out their items they went to the nearby cafe and Meera ordered a vanilla latte and Rishi an expresso.

"So I've been meaning to ask you what you are up to nowadays" asked Rishi.
"Umm... I am a nanny to a two month old baby" she replied.
"Good" said Rishi trying to think how to ask her what he wants to know.
"What about you?" Meera asked him.
"I'm a software engineer working in a tech company" he answered.
"Good" replied Meera not able to do the small talk.
"So Neha is getting married right?" Asked Rishi trying to bring her focus on the same.
"Yes but I don't really know when exactly."
"So are you single?" asked Rishi not able to hold it in.
"I..."
The same time the waiter brought their coffee and served them.
Meera tried to think about how to reply him.
After a minute she just nodded her head in response.
"Umm... I know this is not a good timing I just jumped out of nowhere in your life and asked you about it but I want to continue being friends with you and hang out again if you don't mind?" Asked Rishi thinking to gain her friendship first as it was the first step to know each other and then he'll confess to her about his feelings.
"Sure" she replied to his request of being friends she knew him and thought one more friend she can talk to in need.
They continued there talking for some more time and then Rishi asked to drop her she denied him at first but he insisted as he brought her here.
When Meera was going to go inside the home which was hers too he stopped her and asked her to exchange numbers and quickly reasoned to inform each other if they wanted to hang out again she complied and then he went unknown to the person watching them from the window.

Lifting the bags filled with vegetables and some necessary items for home she entered the home.
As it was Sunday Karan was home too and was doing some pending checkings from work in the living room he got alerted when heard a sound of a car's engine and checked from the window but he didn't like what he saw.
When he watched the car go he quickly went to his previous position pretending that he wasn't just doing what he did a minute ago.
Meera entered the home and saw him engrossed in his work so thought not to disturb him went to arrange the grocery she just bought.
But this didn't go well with Karan he was surprised by her behaviour how she was laughing with him and now didn't even greet him a hi.
He was angry on Rishi who looked at Meera with such puppy eyes which he very well knew what he meant by it.

At Dinner,

He was the same only talking when needed and giving her one word answers acting like a kid from whom his favourite candy was snatched.
Meera was surprised by his sudden change of behaviour she thought it might be due to work stress and didn't dwell on it.
Even when she brought his favourite dessert he was the same and had it quickly not wanting to talk to her.
Cause if he did he would've asked her about him who dropped her home and exchanged numbers with.
He did the dishes and went to his room with the sleeping Yash.

In his room,

Laying on his bed Karan thought about his childish behaviour and cursed himself for behaving such way and thought why was he feeling like this why he didn't like Meera talking to him and sleep took over his thoughts.

Word count:1050
Hey guys I hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!