Chapter 70 The Movie

Meera's POV

Looking at them for another minute I turned away when an auto stopped before me so I told him the address and sat inside it to go back home.
On the way I thought about them but then dismissed the thought.

Reaching home I paid the fair and went inside the home.
And kept the asleep Yash in his cot and went to the kitchen to keep the groceries.
After that I immersed myself in cooking lunch.
I was almost halfway done when I heard Yash crying so I washed my hands quickly and went to him.
Taking the crying Yash in my arms I was going to go to my room but stopped when I heard the doorbell.
So I went to open the door and it was him.
I moved inside and he followed closing the door.
Yash was still crying due to hunger so I moved to go to my room to feed my hungry baby.
And there I fed him and he calmed down.
After sometime he was done so I covered myself and burped him and took him back to the living room and kept him in his cot.
Going to the kitchen I noticed he wasn't here in the living must be in his room I thought.
In the kitchen I completed my cooking and served it on the dining table.
I saw him coming out of his room so I said to him Lunch is ready let's have it.
Yes he said and came to the table and looked at me.
Meera..I  he was going to say something but I stopped him saying let's have lunch we'll talk afterwards. He nodded in response and we took our seats.
I was really hungry so I was busy having the food and I was so satisfied with my cooking.
But he looked somewhat nervous I don't know why.
I didn't think much and continued having my food.
After the lunch I served him halwa he was surprised looking at the dessert and I passed the bowl to him.
He took a bite and looked at me I raised my eyebrow in question.
Wow he said after a minute and quietly had it.
I smiled knowing he liked it and I too had it.

He was busy doing the dishes so I went to the living room and put on the television.
Just when I was scrolling through the channels he too came beside me and sat on the sofa.
Meera  he called me I looked at him.
Won't you ask me ? He said.
Ask what ? I asked getting confused.
That where was I today ? He said.
I know so why would I ask you
I replied him.
Meera I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Naina that I was going with her he said softly.
It's ok I said.
What ? Ok ? why is it ok ? I mean why are you not questioning me ? Asking me why did I go with her ? Where did I go with her? He asked me.
Because I know it must have been something important otherwise you wouldn't have gone with her I replied finally looking at him.
He was surprised listening to me.
How are you so sure? he asked me after a minute.
Because living with you I think I have learnt about you this much that you'd rather spend your Sunday at home with Yash than go out I replied back calmly.
He nodded with a smile in response. As much as true it was there was also another thing in my heart that made me trust him. When I saw him with her I felt something bad but soon I realised that why did I feel upset because they were laughing together or because I thought they were more than friends.
But before my overthinking could make me go crazy my heart trusted him. And now I know why looking in his eyes filled with concern and sincerity I knew my heart was right.
But I'm still going to tell you he said sincerely. I shook my head in negative as I didn't want to know but he continued saying
Naina wanted my help to find a good school for her niece her sister's family had just shifted here so that's why. We went to atleast six schools she irritated me as she didn't choose any of them but at last she finally chose the last one and then she asked me to have lunch but I declined as I wanted to eat at home and then we agreed on coffee and that's where you saw us across the street.
Oh ok I replied.
He just explained to me all of it when I didn't even ask and now I think I feel something else too but can't name it.
He smiled and said it's fine if you didn't want to know but I wanted to say so thanks for listening to me Meera.
I could only nod in response thinking why is my heart beating like crazy looking at his oh so cute smile.
And he turned back towards the television.
What were you watching? He asked casually.
Nothing just scrolling I said in response.
Hmm want to watch movie ?
he asked me.
Sure I replied and passed him the remote and he put on the classic bollywood movie Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham.
And he asked me if it's fine with me.
I replied in positive.
And so we both got immersed in watching Jaya Bachchan doing the arti meaning it just started.

After sometime I was laughing like anything on Anjali thinking Rahul was Ashfaq. Come on this scene was amazing.

And further it was time for the song Sooraj hua maddham in which Rahul and Anjali were very sensual. I looked at the tv screen at a bad time and turned my head that came face to face with him. He turned his head at the same time and heat rushed in my cheeks when I looked back at the screen to avoid him seeing me blushing.
And I looked anywhere but at him or the tv and then I heard him clearing his throat.
I'll be back he said and I nodded in response.
And he went to his room or more like running making me smile at his behaviour.

Still looking at his fading figure I realised there was something else too that I felt for him and it was way too familiar. I could only hope that it doesn't turn out like before.

Word count:1100
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it.
Thank you*
Toodles!!!