03 | Naye Badlav

Very sorry for the late update. The final changes took much more time than expected.

Happy Reading!

The next day Naina stepped out of her room in a school dress and two braids. It was her first day at school so she went to the classroom and sat at the first bench. Everybody was talking and laughing across the whole classroom. That's when she saw Khushi who entered the classroom in the same school dress as hers but with a single ponytail.

Khushi waved her hand, "Hi Naina"

She smiled at her and said, "Hello Khushi."

Khushi pointed at the seat beside her and asked, "Main baithu?"

Naina made a space for her, "Kyu nahi. Waise bhi main tujhe chhodkar yahan kisi ko nahi janti." To which Khushi reacted with her big toothy smile.

"Assembly nahi hoti yahan?" Naina asked her.

"Hoti hai na. Abhi 10 minute main bell bajegi toh ground par jaana hai assembly ke liye" Khushi answered.

After 10 minutes the bell rang and everyone went to the ground for assembly. When they came back to class after assembly, Naina, again, saw girls and boys sitting with each other very comfortably.

The schedule was like this - two periods, a small break, then two periods, a lunch break and final departure after the last two periods.

During lunch break, in the Canteen while relishing The Samosas, Pav-bhajis and cold drinks they both were talking endlessly as they know each other from decades.

"Waise Khushi, tu yahan kitne saal se padh rahi hai?" Questioned Naina curiously, while sipping the cold drink after having a stomach-full meal of Pav-Bhaji.

She laughed slightly replying, "Ye mera pehla saal hi hai yaha"

Naina was Surprised. How did she become this popular in school when she was admitted this year.

"Tu issi saal aayi hai?" She nodded. "Phir sab log tujhe itni achi tarah se kaise jante hai?" Naina asked astonishingly.

"Wo kya hai na, tu february month ke khatam hone par aayi hai aur main february month ke starting mein hi aayi hu" explained Khushi.

"Tabhi bhi...tu hui to new student hi na. Phir? Topper hai kya class ki?" joked Naina chuckling.

"Are nahi yaar, meri academics theek thaak hai, wo kya hai na mera sports bahut achha hai...basketball. To jab selections ho rahe the boys ke tab maine bhi participate kiya..pehle wo log chidha rahe the mujhe but mera game dekhne ke baad sab ki bolti band ho gayi. Mujhe select bhi kiya gaya aur mere kehne par ek girls ki team bhi banayi" grinned Khushi, proud to bring a change in school.

"Wao yaar, mujhe nahi pata tha meri friend itni talented hai. I am proud of you." Naina patted her back and Khushi smiled in response.

"To tu kaha rehti thi isse pehle? I mean issi saal aayi hai to kahi aur rehti hogi na?" After some time Naina inquired, interested to know more about her.

"Haan, mere papa Army main hai isliye iss saal yaha ka transfer hua hai, pehle main Nai.." before she could say more the bell rang.

"Khushi, chal bell baj gayi class ka time ho raha hai" Naina took her arm and was about to run when she saw Khushi's hand was filled with a Samosa which she was about to eat. Naina snatched it from her hand and put it back in her plate and forcibly took her out from the canteen.

"Yaar Naina, samosa to khane deti" Khushi groaned but Naina was in no mood to listen.

After reaching the class they got to know that the last two periods were cancelled as the teachers had an urgent meeting. These periods being their last periods, the school was over now. Taking their bags, they both headed out of the classroom.