09 | Tumse Milke

As promised, I am back with another update!

P.S. Guys I am uploading the cover photo from the last three parts as well, but I don't know why its not visible I guess or is it not visible to me and just you? Please let me know!

Happy Reading!

Sameer got off the bus, it was dark outside. He glanced around. The whole bus stop was crowded. Some were getting off the bus, while others were boarding it.

He took his bags. He had informed Nanu when he had reached Jaipur. His remaining bags will come by tomorrow along with his guitar and bike, which were his most precious possessions.

He enquired about the university and its residential area and he came to know that it was situated at a walking distance from this bus stop. The noise of the crowd irritated him so he put on his walkman. He had already asked for directions, so there was not much problem as it was just a straight road that led to Banasthali University. He handed over the bags to a coolie, asking him to drop at the university and decided to walk himself.

He observed a market lined up just in front of the bus stop. It was not a huge market but most of the items were available. Due to the wide and well-maintained sidewalk, shops were set up on the footpath. There were different kinds of artistic pieces along with garments and food stalls. He decided to come here tomorrow and explore the whole place.

He was still lost in the place when suddenly someone came, grabbed his shoulder and pushed him back with such force that his back collided with the wall behind the sidewalk and reflexively his hands came around her waist. All of it happened so quickly that for a minute none of them could register anything.

He looked ahead at the road which was right in front of his eyesight and saw a big truck zoomed past where he was walking a moment back. If not saved by this girl...he was not sure what would have happened to him.

The area where they stood was isolated. It was ahead from the place where the market ended. The only voice coming here was of the vehicles passing by and their fast breathing.

He then glanced down at the girl, eyes closed, hair falling on her shoulders and covering the half of her face.

Still panting, with her eyes closed, Naina tried to speak, "Jab chalna aata nahi hai toh sadak par chalte kyu ho?"

After a second, when Naina opened her eyes, she forgot to breathe and got lost in those same eyes, again.

Unaware of the fact that the girl was Naina, his eyes bored into her.

They don't know why, none of them tried to part away or avert their eyes from each other. They were looking at each other, as if there was no tomorrow. Time passed but no one blinked. They shared a deep eyelock.

It was the loud horn of another truck passing by which broke their trance. The closeness, then registered to both of them. They immediately parted away, conscious of the proximity, and the moment they shared.

Naina, fixed her appearance, tucking her hair behind the ears. She was embarrassed. Not even in her dreams, she had touched a boy. It was that truck which was speeding towards him, which made her do this. Her morals were not above anyone's life, she had thought. But she had never imagined that the boy would turn out to be Sameer.

It took him a few minutes to recognize her face and when he did, his eyes widened, "Naina?"

Naina hadn't even recovered from that incident, when her name from his mouth and the fact that he remembered her, made her heart dance.

She tried to pretend that she didn't recognise Sameer either, "Sameer?"
Even though she felt like chiding him for his negligent behaviour, she questioned him in a voice as casual as possible, "Tum theek ho na?"