05 | Prem Kahaani

Lots of apologies!! Very sorry for being so late. The tiredness of the preparations of the fest along with studies take most of my time. Will try to be regular. I'll try my best to post two updates a week after Diwali. Till then, an update a week is all I can afford.

Happy Reading!

It was the time of sunset. The sun was visible on very little surface above the lake. There was a good amount of crowd but as the darkness made its way the crowd started to disappear and only few of them were present, walking around the lake or sitting in the benches.

Naina was still fidgeting with her fingers. When Khushi saw her being so nervous, she held her hand and took her to a nearby bench which was facing the lake.

"Naina, kya hua? Bata na..." She wanted to know the whole thing.

"Dekh, main bata rahi hu tujhe...but tu promise kar ki kisi ko nahi batayegi...aur jyada details wagera bhi nahi mangegi. Promise kar.." She put out her hand in front of her.

Khushi kept her hands above hers and assured her, "Promise baba, kisiko nahi bataungi! Tu tension mat le"

Naina started, still reluctant, "Main jaha pehle padti thi waha ek ladka tha, main...main usse pyaar karti hu" She closed her eyes.

"Kyaa?? Tu kisi se pyaar karti hai? Sachme Naina...Waoo!!" She stood up and started shouting like a maniac.

Some people who were around them stared at the Khushi. Naina embarrassedly smiled at them, gave a glare to Khushi and made her sit, "Pagal hai kya tu? Marwayegi ek din!"

"Sorry sorry...wo main na thoda excited ho gayi thi...but Naina, tu toh chhupa rustam nikli yaar...tu sachme kisi ladke se pyaar karti hai? Like wo serious wala pyaar??" Khushi was not believing her ears. As much as she know Naina, she never puts eyes on any boy, or doesn't even talk with boys unless its a matter of study. For the Naina, she have known, loving someone was a very big deal. She never expected this to hear from her.

"Serious wala matlab kya? Aur kaisa pyaar hota hai?" Naina looked at her like she was so stupid because according to her love was meant to be serious everytime, and if it's not serious, it's definitely not love.

Khushi laughed at her naivety. How can someone be so innocent? She thought.

"Tu wo sab chhod aur bata puri kahani starting se" She was very excited to hear a love story.

"Hawa aane de...Tujhe bata di na baat, utna kaafi hai, ab mujhse story mat puch" Naina was not ready for this.

"Bata na yaar...aise nahi chalta...mujhe raat bhar neend nahi aayegi!" Khushi whined.

"Theek hai, theek hai, bata rahi hu"

Flashback

Swati and Naina were talking in the corridor about the incident that happened a day before. A boy named Sanjay wrote a love letter to her, which she had no idea about. It became a great scandal. When got to know her family, the person in question was her. When everybody found the culprit, Sanjay, she was asked to tie rakhi on his wrist, in order to treat him as his brother.

The very next day, she swore to God to never love someone in her whole life. 'Main kya meri saat pushte bhi kisi se pyaar nahi karegi' is what she had told Swati. That's when, while walking to the class, she almost bumped into a boy and in order to save themselves they had a swirl, that's when she saw him, an alike of Salman, with long hairs, dark brown eyes, a face, chiselled and cute at the same time. Her heart stopped beating, when she saw him, in a way that it could not beat the same again. She loved him at the very moment she saw him for the first time. Love at first sight, as they call it.