~Chapter 48~

♡Eun-hye pov♡

Silence is the only thing to be heard in the living room as I hear my heart beating in my throat with my vision blurred looking straight at nothing as my mind feels crumbled to pieces.

I can feel Aera's presence next to me but other than that I can't tell about anything else in the room or even hear if she is currently speaking right now after everything she just said to me.

How.....just how....

It feels like pressure pushing against everything in my body forcing my mind to simply space out into a blank pit of nothing and everything thrown into a tangled ball.

Aera's words seem like little puzzle pieces that weren't there before trying to fit in a place in my mind while bumping into all the other pieces just to get confused again until it tries to connect to a different piece once again without even knowing how it all makes sense and at the same time doesn't.

Yet I trust Aera...Aera never lies about something so serious, she would never...

I trust her to tell me the truth....is it all true?

No...I can't believe it...no possible way....

I blink away the internal battle in my mind as I turn my head to look at Aera again and focusing on her expression while letting the words sit heavy on my tongue.

"It's not possible you are wrong" The words come out too unsure sounding like a question but the sadness that washes over her expression has me frowning shaking my head.

"I know you haven't tested it yet and it is purely your own choice but-"

"No no Aera I am perfectly sure that I'm soulmateless! I am happy you found your soulmates but just because it worked on you doesn't mean it is going to work on me" I let out a soft laugh of disbelief as I deny her words but she lets out a sigh frowning at me.

Aera isn't lying but it doesn't mean it is true! Yes I'm just soulmateless and I'm extremely happy she found her soulmates but I have none no matter what...

"Eun-hye...I know this is hard and I understand you so much but please don't deny it so soon. I didn't trust it either in the beginning since I know where I fitted in the soulmate system but Jeongin is telling the truth and even if it is hard to hear...there is a large chance for you to have soulmates too" She reaches out to take my hand and I feel tears form as my heart beats in my throat.

No...no I can't...it can't be

"I'm soulmateless" The words are clear and sharp and she gives me a small smile that just makes a bubble of irritation form under my skin as I shift in my seat to get a bit more air by myself.

"I can't have a soulmate and I am happy like this you know of my promises I made myself and really now the chances of us both proving to have soulmatee are close to none" Shaking my head I ignore the way my hands tremble as I fist my hands trying to push my mind into not questioning it.

For once in my life I truly hope that my mind won't overthink this and just accept the outcome that makes the most sense and what I hope is true. I don't want a soulmark, that time of wishing and crying for one is over and it broke me hard. Just thinking of building a sliver of hope, even the tiniest piece for something like that has me physically and emotionally recoiling from trying to think of it.

It's all wrong, so so wrong

"I am the last person who would ever force you to take the injection believe me Eunie. If you say no then I won't push you no matter what but trust in my words when I tell you that you really need to think this through. This is real and even though it is extremely messed up I know that you aren't truly soulmateless...you should know time proved us this in a way even if it just makes the news sting more" She blows out a sharp breath and I feel my lungs squeeze out all the air in my body from her words.