CH 10

Charlie

Xavier was back a few hours later. Henry kept me company and before Xaviers key was even in the lock, Henry jumped up, running to the door.

I smiled. Those two really loved each other.

Henry started barking the moment Xavier walked in, running circles around him, wagging his tail. Xavier looked good. He was wearing a dark dress shirt with grey slacks. I had mostly seen him in jeans and plaid shirts.

I liked professional, FBI agent Xavier. He was extremely hot. "Hey, boy. Missed me." He smiled at Henry before walking straight to me. "How are you, Charlie?" He reached for me, pulling me in a tight hug before kissing my neck.

I had never been with someone so affectionate but it wasn't...goodness, how did I even describe it. It felt so real and unhurried. I liked it a lot.

"I'm good." I missed you, I wanted to add but I didn't. Before I could say anything else, I hadn't notice the handsome white man who looked to be about Xaviers age, patting Henry.

He was dressed in nice jeans with a dress shirt. He was tall like Xavier, with dark auburn hair and green eyes. His face...I mean he was seriously handsome, almost like he had some type of middle eastern in his blood.

"Charlie," Xaviers arms came around me, as he pulled my back against his front. "This is my cousin, Nolan." Cousin? They seriously didn't look a thing a like. "We work together."

"So being in law enforcement runs in the family." I was teasing.

Nolan straighten much to Henry's disappointment. He didn't look happy to see me hugged up on his cousin. But, he looked like he was trying to hide that.

"I'm Nolan. You must be Charlie." He walked to me, his eyes looking me over in an extremely judgmental way. "I can see why men fall for you. You're extremely beautiful."

"Nolan, don't start." Xavier released me. "I didn't bring you here to interrogate her."

"Yeah, I know because you aren't thinking straight." Nolan said, giving Xavier an annoyed look before looking back at me. "You know you're green lit, right? Which means if they come here to kill you, my cousins dying too, along with Henry."

Henry looked confused at the mention of his name. "Nolan, you're scaring my dog." Xavier whistled and Henry came to his side, whimpering. "It's okay, boy. Uncle Nolan's just being a jerk." He patted his head and that seemed to reassure Henry.

Nolan rolled his eyes, "Look, I'm a neutral party here. I want to know what you know. Xavier asked for my help and I'm not helping, unless I trust you. So, make me trust you."

"Xavier trusts me and that's good enough. I don't need your help. I have enough on the Rivera's to get them put away right now. If I wasn't interrupted and had to fight for my life, I wouldn't even be in this situation." I was getting angry.

Everything that had happened was starting to boiling over. I was betrayed from someone who was supposed to be on the right side of the law. Yet, I was getting the third degree from his cousin, like I was the criminal.

Screw this crap! "Xavier, I'm not doing this."

Before Xavier could answer, Nolan said, "You're going to have too. If you can't handle me questioning you, you think you're going to be able to handle a review committee? Everyone thinks you turned, Charlie or didn't Xavier give you that memo or were you two too busy playing house?"

Xavier chuckled, grabbing my hand. He shot his cousin a look before leading me away. "He's right. His delivery is just very wrong." He grumbled, leading me to the kitchen. "Have a seat, Charlie." He said pulling a chair out for me, "Nolan, stop being a jerk. You told me you were coming to help."