6

6- Russ

I drove to their house at 8:40 am. Pagpatak ng alas nyube ay naka-abang na ako sa labas ng bahay nila. Hindi ako nagdala ng pagkain gaya ng sinabi niya. I counted one to three and she finally got out of their house with two tote bags. The one was heavy I must say.

I bolted to her to help her. I grabbed it from her grasp and I took a respectful scan of her outfit today. She was wearing a dress. When she noticed my eyes, she got a cardigan to cover her arms and shoulders.

"Why are you wearing a cardigan in a broad daylight, Kirsteen?" My forehead furrowed.

She stopped midway on putting the cardigan on her left shoulder. "Is this too... revealing?"

Her dress wasn't in the range of revealing. It was too elegant. It made her looked like a goddess who wanted to take a break from her responsibilities and decided to relish the daylight. And a peasant like me, was too fortunate to witness such beauty.

"No. That floral midi-dress is absolutely stunning on you. You should wear more often like that." I suggested.

What was on my mind was less sappy when I say them.

"My father told me this is too indecent and filthy,"

I stepped forward and put a comforting hand on her shoulder. I leaned down a bit to level my gaze on hers. "He's probably lying, Kirsteen. You look beautiful with whatever you wear but nothing is wrong with showing your femininity by wearing a sundress."

"Baka..."

His father must had been feeding her with degrading lies to make her feel this way.

"Come on, Kirsteen... I'm not a pretty liar. I speak what I think is beauty. And I think you should never hide that..."

She shifted her glanced. Isang alanganing tango ang binigay niya. "I'll take this off..."

"Good." I straightened and thrust my hand to my pocket to get my gradient sunglasses. "Did you bring sunglasses?"

"Dala ko." She nodded meekly.

"I'll wear mine and you'll wear yours."

It would be a crystal-clear indication this was a real date. Umangkas na siya bago sinuot ang kanyang clubmaster style sunglasses. If only she would let herself be free to wear anything, she would have a career in modeling.

Marahan lang ang pagmamaneho ko. Isa sa mga rason ko ang paglagay ng muffler silencer sa motorsiklo ko ay ang makausap siya habang nagmamaneho. We wouldn't hear each other with a loud motorcycle.

Puerte Verde was twenty minutes drive if you're an ardent racer like my brother, Drake. In my case, it took me half an hour for us to get there.

It was a great place to get in touch with the water and mother nature. We had to walk along the bamboo bridge filled with mangroves before we could reach the beach part.

"I'll take picture of you." Huminto ako sa paglalakad.

She ceased from walking. "Dalawa tayo."

"Ikaw muna, Kirsteen." I persuaded.

Tinuro ko ang entrada ng cottage. "Tumayo ka doon, Kirsteen."

I aimed the phone at her and snapped pictures while was she was walking there carefully and stood emotionless.

Binaba ko ang aking phone. "Show your impeccable smile..." I cheered her up.

I took pictures of her in rapid clicks. I captured the way she tucked her hair behind her ear when the wind blew her hair, and the way her lips slowly pulled up into a smile that would shame a Roman Goddess.