9

9- Russ

I trusted her no matter what she said. If she would say I have to cross a lake full of starving crocodile, I'll do that.

I wanted to show to her that during turbulence in our relationship, I would stay beside her. I would be patient for her to give the time she needed.

"Kapag naging artista ako, anong gusto mong ipapashout-out?" Rocco asked me out of nowhere.

We were enjoying the breeze from the sea. We hauled chairs to the hallway to burn time until dismissal.

"Shout out mo kaming dalawa ni Bonita. Sana bigyan niya ako ng chance."

Napakamot sa ulo si Rocco. "Parang ang labo namang mangyari 'yan. Hindi ka niya gusto." malutong niyang sagot.

"Parang ang labo din na maging artista ka." Drexter retorted at him.

Rocco didn't react badly. They even give each other a high five and laughed like lunatics.

"Ikaw Russel?" Rocco jerked his head at me for my queue to answer.

"Shout out to those religious people who cheat, lie, gossip, and fornicate but don't drink, smoke, wear revealing clothes or have tattoos co'z it's a sin..." I commented lazily.

The other part of my brain was on Kirsteen unlike the rest of my heart.

Natahimik sila. Naging seryoso ang kanilang mga mukha. They didn't expect that from me. My mind was running miles away from where I am.

"Ang lalim."

"Kasing lalim ng kasalanan ng Papa mo." I didn't think twice of my respond.

I was being honest. I didn't like fabricating my answers. He was asking a random question and he deserved a random answer from me.

"Wala namang personalan. Alam kong marami iyong kasalanan pero kahit anong advice ang ibibigay mo. Hindi talaga tatalab."

"Joke, Rocco." I made a peace sign to him.

"Ano ka ba, parang hindi na ako sanay, ah."

He wasn't offended by that. Nagfist bump pa nga kami. He was used to the conversation about his father. If you brought that up, he'll just shrug his shoulder. Kasi wala din siyang magagawa sa mga kasalanan ng Papa niya.

He looked down the building with pensive eyes and his face changed into a meaningful look on me.

"Si church girl..."

A wistful smile tugged my lips. My eyes crinkled as my cheeks pulled up. I followed his gaze down the building. There she was, sitting with Bonita on one of the outdoor chairs under the tree.

Sumimangot siya nang nakita ang reaksiyon ko. "Sumigla agad ang mukha ng buang."

"Alangan. Si churh girl na gud na." Ngumisi si Drexter nang natanaw ang aking girlfriend sa Mini Park.

"Excuse me guys. Cr lang." I stood up and straightened my shoulders.

Uminom ako ng C2 apple green tea. Pampalakas lang ng loob. I brough her a sugar-free C2 apple. Buying food or drinks for two became my habit. I liked the idea of being prepared if she's hungry or thirsty.

"Huwag ka ng bumalik dito." Nagmamaktol na sabi ni Rocco.

Drexter gave me an encouraging nod as I ambled down the building. Sa loob ng ilang araw ay tila estranghero ang pakikitungo niya sa akin. She didn't reply to my messages.

A shiver of apprehension crisped my skin when the supposed meeting with her father didn't happen. I buried my face on the pillow. Sumiksik sa isipan ko ang mukha niyang nag-alinlangan.