10

10- Russ

It was a crazy week at the Tattoo Parlor. I think mostly because people had extra spent money to spend.

They had presumably caught and sold massive fishes in the ocean since the prime source of income here was fishing.

I was booked back-to-back. Max was booked as I am too.

I felt exhausted but never to the point of being hopeless for our relationship was saved, repaired, and renewed.

I was texting with Kirsteen and sensing her food deliveries from time to time when I couldn't go to school.

Another Friday night rolled around; my heart flip-flopped at her message.

Kirsteen:

How was your day, ThesauRuss?

Me:

Better. Excellent. Exquisite.

Kirsteen:

Parang naririnig ko boses mo habang binabanggit ang mga salitang 'yan.

Me:

You want to hear it?

Kirsteen:

Hindi na kailangan, Russel. Alam kong pagod ka ngayon.

Me:

If you don't want it. I'll sing a song for you then.

Kirsteen:

We're texting. Pero naririnig kita. Ang gwapo talaga ng boses mo.

I wondered what she's doing right now aside from texting with me? She loved to multi-task sometimes.

Me:

Ang may-ari ng boses hindi gwapo?

I chuckled and rolled over the bed.

Kirsteen:

Syempre, mas gwapo ka parin.

My heart fluttered like butterflies were flapping their wings inside.

Me:

Really? You want to see my gwapo voice and face?

Kirsteen:

Pwede ba? I would be the happiest girl.

Oh, God. I sent a reply as fast as the speed of the light.

Me:

I suggest, we should date at R.R Oasis now. What do you think? For you to be the happiest girl in the world, you must allow me to do something about it.

Kirsteen:

I want to be the happiest, Russ. Anong oras mo ako kukunin?

Napag-usapan na naming ang tungkol sa kahalagahan ng privacy ng aming relasyon.

We opted to keep it a secret...I know from faraway miles that keeping this all a secret was like running and hiding from a desperate cheetah.

And as we keep on hiding and running, there were just more confusion and obliteration behind. Hindi ko muna iyon iintindihin. Ang importante ay balik na kami sa dati.

Me:

Ngayon na.

Kirsteen:

Mag-aayos muna ako para presentable ako sa mga mata mo.

Good gravy. Kirsteen didn't have to try to impress me with forced pick-up lines. Her spur of the moment wordings could strike my heart and bones. She knew how to ride with my down to earth compliments actually.