15

15- Kirsteen

"Kirsteen! Ang papa mo! Ikukulong!"

Auntie Marivic was thrown into a disarray. I felt my body just go feeble. My head throbbed like there was an axe lodge in my brain.

"Kuya! Totoo ba ang sinasabi ng mga pulis!?" she was hysterically asking my father while he was escorted to a police car.

"Kirsteen tawagan mo ang Aunt Everly mo! Humingi tayo ng tulong sa kanya!"

Aunt Everly loathed my father. She would be celebrating if this news arrived at their mansion. My senses churned witlessly...I felt like the more I take a breath, the more it enervated my remaining energy. It didn't take long to feel cold, clammy, and suddenly lose control of my muscles.

"Hindi kami magkasundo ni Everly pero wala ng ibang makakatulong sa atin!"

Those were the last words I heard before my sight blurred until it turned pitched black after five ticks on the clock.

"Kirsteen..."

Nabuhayan ako sa narinig na nag-aalalang boses. It was a voice that summoned me back to my consciousness. I slowly opened my eyes and wandered around my room. Nakaupo sa isang silya si Russel sa gilid ng aking kama. I thought he was calling me. Pero sa isipan ko lang pala na may tumatawag ng pangalan ko.

His forehead was contorted with worry even sleeping in a sitting position. His tattooed arms folded over his chest and his head slightly lowered.

"Russ..." mahinang tawag ko sa kanya.

He jolted upon hearing me. His eyes landed on me instantly. He bent down a bit to reach me.

"Do you feel better now, Kirsteen?" he palmed my forehead, checking my body temperature.

Tumango ako at nakaramdam ng dagliang pagkauhaw.

"Russ, pwedeng humingi ng tubig?"

"Of course..." he kissed my hair. "Anything you want..." he scrambled to his feet and sprinted to the kitchen.

Sumandal ako sa headboard ng kama. The head of the electric fan was shifting from one side to another. I noticed that my shirt was changed too. Naka sleeveless na ako ngayon at amoy efficascent oil.

He returned with a pitcher of water and a clear glass. He poured me some water. The sound of it calmed me down. The moment he gave it to me, I guzzled it down.

He placed the pitcher on my bedside table. "In case you get thirsty again..."

Umupo siya sa gilid ng aking kama.

"Do you still feel a bit dizzy?"

"No dizziness anymore." I shook my head.

"I'll make you a chamomile tea then you can eat. Bumili ako ng pagkain. I sliced some apples for you..."

I put down the half empty glass of water and my stomach roiled and felt extremely uneasiness. It surged in my throat to the very edge of my mouth.

"I feel a bit sick in my stomach, Russ." I said vocally.

He was gripped with a sense of agony and panic. But that was a second only. He opened the close windows to let the fresh air engulf my room instead of the electric fan. He made me sit up properly to avoid crunching my stomach and induce my nausea more.

"Take a deep breath and close your eyes. Just don't think about what happen for now. Something worse may happen to you too. We can't risk that, Kirsteen."

Sumunod ako sa mga instructions niya. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I sipped more water and exhaled air from my lungs. It helped a lot. I didn't feel the overwhelming sensation at the back of my throat anymore. Russel flipped the thick bedsheet away from my lower body. He wedged a pillow in my back and tied my hair into a high messy ponytail.