Chapter 19.

Paige M

Paige M. Bueckers

First person pov:

I apologized to Amari. After I sent that text telling her it wasn't her business to worry about me, I realized that I was already hurting her and we weren't even together. I mean she will always be my bae. But when she texted me saying "k" guilt rushed over my body. The next day I told her I was on my period and didn't mean to push her away. (Kk also lectured me until I fixed things with Amari) I've been talking to her more, but not to much. Can't look too desperate. Kk told me I act bipolar. I don't know what she's talking about. We were leaving cause practiced ended. I was walking out the locker room with Amani when the cheerleaders starting filling in for their practice. I saw a girl talking to the coach. She looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I was about to open the door to walk out of them gym when I heard someone call my name. I paused. The voice was familiar. Too familiar. What the fuck. I turned slowly seeing a monster. Harper's bitch ass. I looked at her with disgust.

Amari noticed this and said "I'll wait for you outside"

I nodded in response and watched her open the door and walk out. I turned my attention to Harper.

"Why are you talking to me?"

"Just saying Hi that's all."

"Well don't" I said bitterly.

"Do you have a new girlfriend?"

"If I did it's not any of your business."

"So you do?"

"I never said that Harper just leave me alone."

"It's nice to hear you say my name." She smiled.

I didn't say anything to her. I just walked away. I don't have time for whatever bullshit she had to say. I walk out the gym and see Amari waiting for me.

"What was that about?" She asked.

"What was what?"

"Your little talk with Harper"

"Oh nothing. Why?"

"You just seem angry that's all."

"Well she's pisses me off."

"You know her?"

"Yeah we went to highschool together. We used to date."

"Oh."

"Yeah but she's a bitch so I'm not worried about her."

Amari giggled "Damn."

"Do you wanna get pizza?"

"Yes of course!"

"There's this new pizza place I wanna try."

"Ohh the new one downtown?"

"Yeah that's one"

"Do you wanna meet up there or?"

"You can ride with me."