Chapter 30.

Amari

Amari. K Sanders:

Third person pov:

Both girls just stared at the phone not knowing what to do. There was about 15 missed calls from the no caller id and they were still calling.

"I'm gonna answer it." Said Paige.

"No no they are calling me for a reason" said Amari grabbing the phone.

Amari lauded flat on her stomach while Paige sooted closer to her ignoring personal space.
Amari answered the phone immediately putting it on speaker. The phone was silent. Neither of the girls said anything.

"Hello?" said a male voice.

Amari felt her heart drop. She recognized that voice. She hadn't heard it in a long time. Suddenly all the memories rushed back to her. The good ones and the very very awful ones.

"Hello?" Amari responded. Her voice wasn't like before. It was laced with fear.

"Amari? When did you become a dyke?" Said the male.

Amari's jaw dropped and Paige was filled with anger.

"What the fuck dude?" Said Paige.

"Oh is that the dyke you're rubbing coochies with? Tell her I said Hi and that you'll be mine soon"

They could hear a female laughing in the back. Harper.

"Don't you fucking dare insult her. What is your problem? We haven't talked in years and now all of a sudden you wanna talk by insulting me and her??"

"I'm just letting you know you will be mine again AK."

Amari thought her heart couldn't fall more, but it did. That nickname that her brother Damon gave her. He was the only person who could ever call her that.

"Don't fucking call me that."

"Why? Is your brother gonna come get me? Oh wait I forgot he's dead."

Paige hung up the phone. This call was going on for way too long and he was going way too far.
Amari's eyes swelled with tears at the thought of Damon.

FLASHBACK

"You can't control what I do! You are not my parent, you are my brother act like it!" Amari screamed with rage.

"I am! I'm trying to protect you! The streets are dangerous! I don't want anything to happen to you. Anyone matter of fact."

"I'm gonna be fine! I'm going to the party!"

Amari was in fact gonna be fine. She did do to the party. She was dancing with a bunch of friends, when two males started arguing. Turns out they belonged in gangs. Gangs that were rivals. She knew one of the boys. He was always around her, he was in the same gang as her brother. She thought nothing of it. A shootout broke out. At the time Amari was the youngest out of her siblings and Damon immediately ran to her. Trying to get her to safety. A member from the other gang noticed this and followed them. This ended up with Damon getting shot five times. Right in front of Amari. Amari screamed a scream she would never forget. The member then tried to kidnap her, but quickly fled when the cops arrived. All Amari could remember was being on the ground holding her brother as the sirens got louder.